Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu CLEARANCES  

Author Topic: CLEARANCES  (Read 5035 times)

ps3081

CLEARANCES
« on: Jun 23, 2005, 09:00 »
I've worked the Nuke plants for 27 years, but never a DOE Facility.  What is the difference between a Q clearance, L clearance, and the clearance you get before gaining plant access?  Help me out guys( and gals)

radgal

Re: CLEARANCES
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2005, 09:59 »
Mostly they are different agencies.  DOE, NRC and DOD all are different.  Had NRC clearence multiple times and I'm in the process for a Q Clearance now.  L is comparable to a DOD Secret clearance (7 year personal history)  while Q is similiar to DOD Top Secret (10 year history).   For the DOE clearance they actually have investigators go personnally and interview your family, neighbors and co-workers.  Sometimes its actually the FBI who does the investigations but that depends.  Alittle more is invloved than NRC clearance and they go back farther 7 or 10 yrs instead of just 5.  Plus I've heard you have exit debriefings when and if you have your clearance dropped for whatever reason.   Also lying on the paperwork can get you a fine and prison time.  Hope this helps.

Offline volfireman07

• Light User
Re: CLEARANCES
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2005, 12:49 »
Search this site for "clearance" you will find more information than we could re-write in a week.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?