Career Path > Security, FFD

CLEARANCES

(1/1)

ps3081:
I've worked the Nuke plants for 27 years, but never a DOE Facility.  What is the difference between a Q clearance, L clearance, and the clearance you get before gaining plant access?  Help me out guys( and gals)

radgal:
Mostly they are different agencies.  DOE, NRC and DOD all are different.  Had NRC clearence multiple times and I'm in the process for a Q Clearance now.  L is comparable to a DOD Secret clearance (7 year personal history)  while Q is similiar to DOD Top Secret (10 year history).   For the DOE clearance they actually have investigators go personnally and interview your family, neighbors and co-workers.  Sometimes its actually the FBI who does the investigations but that depends.  Alittle more is invloved than NRC clearance and they go back farther 7 or 10 yrs instead of just 5.  Plus I've heard you have exit debriefings when and if you have your clearance dropped for whatever reason.   Also lying on the paperwork can get you a fine and prison time.  Hope this helps.

volfireman07:
Search this site for "clearance" you will find more information than we could re-write in a week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version