Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Coy Hunter

Author Topic: Coy Hunter  (Read 13512 times)

pappy

Coy Hunter
« on: Jun 26, 2005, 09:09 »
I received word that Coy Hunter passed away yesterday of a heart attack in Ga. Hopefully someone local can give more details. I worked with him last at Calvert Cliffs and he was looking foward to being home this summer with his grandkids, and tha new one that was on the way. He will be missed by many. God Rest...

cfradgal

Re: Coy Hunter
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2005, 11:07 »
Coy was at the sandbar at the river near his home with all his grandchildren, enjoying the day. One of the grandchildren ventured out into the water too far. Coy went to rescue him but could not get back. The grandchild is okay. It is believed that he went into cardiac arrest, but will not be sure until late Monday. Specifics for services will not be available until that time. Coy was madly in love with his grandchildren. He was doing exactly what he loved to do better than anything in this world.

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2005, 10:38 »
I am very saddened to hear this news. I just worked with Coy last month giving turnover to him everyday. He was a great guy to work with I am sure his family will miss him very much. His family and the HP community have lost a great person.

Industry_event

« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2005, 07:55 »
Can we get anymore bad news. Coy was a great tech, gentleman and friend. Coy took me under his wing when I first got into the Biz.  We spoke manys times. He would tell me about his Bull dozier and speak of his grand children.
He was the kind of guy you could talk to about anything. He will be missed by all who knew him and those who did not know him have missed out.

Rome

remowil55

« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2005, 09:09 »
Coy was a friend of mine, he will be missed. I worked with Coy at Vogtle and Farley many times. Anyone who knew him, knew of his love for his Grandchildren. May God bless you always Coy. God hath no greater love for someone, than when he lays down his life for fellow man. Remo

Offline cairnit

• Moderate User
  • I love my job........
« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2005, 09:22 »
This was sent to a co-worker and he asked that I post it for him.

THE DATE IS JUNE 25, 2005.

IF YOU ARE RECIEVING THIS MESSAGE THEN YOU MAY KNOW COY HUNTER.

I AM TRUSSIE, HIS DAUGHTER.

I AM SORRY TO INFORM EVERYONE OF MY FATHER'S PASSING.

HE WAS A VERY LOVING FATHER.
A FRIEND.
A VERY VERY PROUD GRANDFATHER  A.K.A....DEDA.

ALL MEMORIAL SERVICES ARE PENDING AT THIS TIME.
IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT trussie2000@yahoo.com
IF YOU WISH TO ATTEND SERVICES SOMEONE CAN BE REACHED AT 912-366-0759.

WE ALL KNOW HE IS HOME IN HEAVEN.
WE WILL ALL MISS HIM SO VERY MUCH.

HE ALWAYS BRAGGED ABOUT PASSING AWAY DOING WHAT HE LOVED BEST.
NOT IS WORK, NOT PLOWING, NOT GARDENING, NOT TRAVELING.
IT WAS ALWAYS SPENDING TIME WITH HIS GRANDKIDS. IF COY WAS AT HOME
  THOSE KIDS WERE WITH HIM. HIS PASSING WAS EXTREMELY HARD ON THEM.
IF IT WERE NOT FOR COY THOSE CHILDREN WOULD BE THE LOSS WE WOULD BE
  MOURNING NOW.
I PRAY THE LORD GIVE US STRENGTH THROUGH THESE TIMES. AND TO MY FATHER NOW IN HEAVEN........THANK YOU FOR SAVING OUR CHILDREN.
............................. ............................. ............................. ............................. ............................. ............

I personnaly had worked with Coy many times and will miss him.

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2005, 09:52 »
Coy was a good man and a good tech.  He will be missed.  Our prayers are with his family
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2005, 11:23 »
I worked with Coy at Hatch a few times and i thought he was a great guy. My condolences to the family, he will be missed
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

SappAssociates

« Reply #8 on: Jun 27, 2005, 12:48 »
Coy was a good man and a great HP.My condolences to the family, he will be missed by all.

ageoldtech

« Reply #9 on: Jun 27, 2005, 03:26 »
I knew Coy very well, worked with him on many an SGR project. He would always bring me some Vidalia onions late in the growing season. He had a kind word for all and would offer you the shirt off his back. The world was with out a doubt, a better place with him in it. I know he loved his family very much, and especially his grand babies, he talked about them so much you just knew where his heart was. I am very saddened, but I know he is in a much better place. My condolences to all who knew him.

fraz-me

« Reply #10 on: Jun 27, 2005, 10:38 »
Coy was a good friend and a good tech. He will be missed by many. RIP my friend.
Our condolences to the family. Our prayers are with you all.

Doc_REM

« Reply #11 on: Jun 28, 2005, 06:58 »
I think I knew Coy from the very day here started in this busesness...he always put a 110% in to what he was doing and always had a smile to give to you! It is very hard to be sitting here typing this...for some reason I can't seam to see the screen, the eye's won't cooperate...it's hard losing a Friend, and even hard losing a member of you own family.
To Coy's family, my prayer's will be with you and my heart ack's as your's ack's...many of us in this buinesness will alway's be thankful that we knew and worked...and yes, played with Coy!
God's Love and Peace to You and Your's!
Dwayne

Offline zammis

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #12 on: Jun 28, 2005, 10:24 »
 I still want to know what the hell happened. We here in Vermont worked with Coy many years B/4 some of us hit the road. I don't understand. He taught me about boiled peanuts B/4 I knew what they were. I LOVED them. He grew them himself.I understand about him loving his Grand-Children. At Hatch and Vogtle and Farley he alaways had home -grown goodness to share. One post from his daughter was correct in saying he was doing what he wanted... He loved kids. Remember him with long hair and over-alls and that pot- belly. Heck. He was breaking hearts here in Vernon, almost got married too !! To a big blond.I check in with Nukeworker only so often.. after the Master sold out to Bartlett. Please contact me as his friends in Vermont would like to help in any way we can. 

Zammis
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2005, 01:02 by HydroDave63 »

cfradgal

« Reply #13 on: Jun 29, 2005, 08:12 »
Coy drowned(officially) saving his grandchildren. There was a memorial service held in Baxley on Tuesday June 28. This is truly tragic. Trussie(his daughter) realizes we could be mourning the loss of a child also. Coy used his last breaths to push his grandson to safety. He was a hero.

heavensrose22

« Reply #14 on: Jun 30, 2005, 11:12 »
Coy was a good man; he taught me a lot over the last 6 years that I've been in the business. He never anything bad to say and always went out of his way to help you. He sent comfort to my family in hard times and now, he's gone too. Ironic.
He is in a much better place and will always be remembered as a friend and, ultimatly, a hero.

joe crumes

« Reply #15 on: Jul 12, 2005, 02:02 »
Our hearts are so heavy at the loss of our friend, Coy.   The only consulation is knowing he died not only doing what he loved, spending time with his grandchildren but, also saving the life of one of them.  It is a testiment to the very nature of Coy..... you couldn't meet a nicer or kinder man willing to do anything to help you.  When Joe and I worked with him at Vogtle and wanted to drive back to Hatch, Coy drew us a wonderful map to get there thru a 'back route' that twisted and turned and went thru a little tiny town.  He told us to take a left at the little house with a black cow tied out front in the little yard and sure enough there it was....just when we were thinking we'd made a wrong turn somewhere we see the tiny little house with a tiny little front yard and a big black cow tied to a pole in the middle of the yard!!!  Joe and I laughed til it hurt when we saw that cow and to this day it's one of our fonder 'road trip' memories.  We'll miss you Coy!!!  Much love, Judy and Joe Crumes

zoomie

« Reply #16 on: Jul 16, 2005, 11:36 »
Coy was a great man and loved his grandkids.  I was just working with Coy at Vogtle and we talked for hours about life and family.  He was happiest being able to spend time with them.  He will surely be missed and my prayers go out to his family.  God Bless

Ron

Alara Dude

« Reply #17 on: Jul 19, 2005, 03:10 »
This Business has truly lost a stand up guy. In every aspect of his life he stood for what he believed in. I had the pleasure of working 2 outages here at Calvert with him. Never was it necessary to ask for help as he would be there always with a great attitude, and anyone whose worked here lately can attest that can be tough! I've never met any of his family but feel as though I have, his love of family was unsurpassed. I just found out at lunch today, what a sad day indeed. However, I knew Coy well enough to say he would have it no other way.
Thoughts and prayers to his family,
Jim B. :'( :'(  :'( :(

Haz-Mater

« Reply #18 on: Sep 06, 2005, 02:05 »
I am sorry to hear that Coy has passed and I give my condolence to his family.  First we lost a great person when his brother (Mike) passed a couple years ago and now we lose another great person and rad tech.  I had the privilege of working with both the Hunter Brothers.  I remember working my first outage with Coy at St. Lucie in 1988 I think.  I also had the privilege of working with Mike and Coy at Hatch and Votgle in the 90's. The first week we was at St. Lucie he got sick because he had eaten some Candian Bacon that he brought from one of the plants he was working at previously.  I know that was not a great memory of someone getting sick but you had to be there.  He said he would NEVER eat damn candian bacon again.  I do not know if he ate any more or not, but I do know he was a great guy.    He will be missed.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?