Reference, Questions and Help > JobSeeker Help

How do I upload my Resume?

<< < (2/3) > >>

fau987:
I have also been trying to upload my resume without success.  I've tried filling in all required
fields and I went to the help site and did everything that it said to do.    I was able to cut and
paste it but I really need to upload the resume so that I can apply directly to job postings
I have no idea what I am doing wrong.    Any help appreciated.

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: fau987 on Feb 29, 2012, 02:17 ---I have also been trying to upload my resume without success. 
I have no idea what I am doing wrong. 

--- End quote ---

what happens when you try to upload the resume? what specifically happens?  What specifically are you clicking on?  I can't help you if you only tell me "i cant get it to work".

fau987:
I am having trouble uploading my resume.  I follow the steps below exactly and after step 7 is where things go wrong.  Between steps 6 and 7 the file shows up in the "choose file box" but when I push save and I go back up and look the "choose file box" says no file selected again.  What can I do differently to make it stay uploaded?

1: From the NukeWorker home page, click on the “Post resume” link.
2: Login in, using your email address and password.
     (Note: The job board has a unique registration, and does not share login information with the message board).
3: Scroll down to part that says “Upload Resume”.
4: Click on the [Browse] button.
5: Locate your resume file on your computer.  It can be a MS Word (.doc), Acrobat (.pdf), Rich Text (.rtf), or plain text (.txt) file that is smaller than 1 MB in file size.
6: Click on the [Open] button in your computers dialog box. (See picture attached below)
     (Note: Make sure all required fields (with a ) are filled in.
7: Scroll to the bottom of the page and Click on the [Save] button.

Done.

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: fau987 on Mar 05, 2012, 05:16 ---I am having trouble uploading my resume.  I follow the steps below exactly and after step 7 is where things go wrong.  Between steps 6 and 7 the file shows up in the "choose file box" but when I push save and I go back up and look the "choose file box" says no file selected again.  What can I do differently to make it stay uploaded?

1: From the NukeWorker home page, click on the “Post resume” link.
2: Login in, using your email address and password.
     (Note: The job board has a unique registration, and does not share login information with the message board).
3: Scroll down to part that says “Upload Resume”.
4: Click on the [Browse] button.
5: Locate your resume file on your computer.  It can be a MS Word (.doc), Acrobat (.pdf), Rich Text (.rtf), or plain text (.txt) file that is smaller than 1 MB in file size.
6: Click on the [Open] button in your computers dialog box. (See picture attached below)
     (Note: Make sure all required fields (with a ) are filled in.
7: Scroll to the bottom of the page and Click on the [Save] button.

--- End quote ---

So, after step 7, do you see the “view file” and “delete file” links/options next to the [browse] button?

Did you Click on the “view file” link?.
Did you press [ctrl]+[f5] to refresh the page?

Once you click on the click on save, there will not be anything in the 'choose file box', because you already saved it.  It's already uploaded.  To see it, click on the 'view file' link, just like the instructions tell you to.  I checked and your Word file is indeed uploaded as an attachment.  So I'm not sure what you expect to happen, but everything is happening as it is intended.  What do you expect to see/happen when you click 'save'?  Perhaps I can change the program to give you more feedback.

medwell_hill:
I was having the same problem and didn't realize it was working until I read the previous comments. Something that might be helpful is having say save was successful or file was uploaded successful after you click save.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version