Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu How do I upload my Resume? honeypot

Author Topic: How do I upload my Resume?  (Read 61715 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
How do I upload my Resume?
« on: Jun 27, 2005, 12:02 »
1: From the NukeWorker home page, click on the “Post resume” link.
2: Login in, using your email address and password.
     (Note: The job board has a unique registration, and does not share login information with the message board).
3: Scroll down to part that says “Upload Resume”.
4: Click on the [Browse] button.
5: Locate your resume file on your computer.  It can be a MS Word (.doc), Acrobat (.pdf), Rich Text (.rtf), or plain text (.txt) file that is smaller than 1 MB in file size.
6: Click on the [Open] button in your computers dialog box. (See picture attached below)
     (Note: Make sure all required fields (with a ) are filled in.
7: Scroll to the bottom of the page and Click on the [Save] button.

Done.

•   There are now “view file” and “delete file” links/options next to the [browse] button.
•   Click on the “view file” link, and verify that it is the new file.
        (Note: Sometimes pressing [ctrl]+[f5] helps your computer refresh better.)
•   If it is not the new file, click on “delete file” link, and re-upload a new file.

Note:  When you upload a resume, it is only a file attached to your profile. You will still need to fill in the searchable fields yourself.  This only updates the attached file (MS Word, etc) and does not change the text that you paste in the text box's (i.e. "Your Resume", "Qualifications/Skills", "Work Experience", "Education/Certification/Membership"), you will need to do that manually.  Only the text box's are keyword searchable, the attached Word document is not searchable by employers.  So it is recommended that you do both.

Click on this thumbnail: to see what the upload portion looks like.

« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2009, 05:23 by Rennhack »

old raddog

Re: How do I upload my Resume?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2011, 11:08 »
NOW i have done everything as well on my laptop, i hit browse, it locatesmy resume but thats it, all boxes are checked, i hit verify it opens and all is good. No button to click that says done to start the up l;oad. can u help

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2011, 12:11 »

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2011, 12:12 by Rennhack »

old raddog

« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2011, 08:14 »
tried that a few times did not work i cut and pasted and it seem to work.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2011, 08:42 »
The resume is attached as a file.  It is not imported into the boxes.  To have the text searchable, you have to paste the information into the boxes as you have done.

fau987

upload resume
« Reply #5 on: Feb 29, 2012, 02:17 »
I have also been trying to upload my resume without success.  I've tried filling in all required
fields and I went to the help site and did everything that it said to do.    I was able to cut and
paste it but I really need to upload the resume so that I can apply directly to job postings
I have no idea what I am doing wrong.    Any help appreciated.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: resume upload
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2012, 05:44 »
I have also been trying to upload my resume without success. 
I have no idea what I am doing wrong. 

what happens when you try to upload the resume? what specifically happens?  What specifically are you clicking on?  I can't help you if you only tell me "i cant get it to work".

fau987

upload resume
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2012, 05:16 »
I am having trouble uploading my resume.  I follow the steps below exactly and after step 7 is where things go wrong.  Between steps 6 and 7 the file shows up in the "choose file box" but when I push save and I go back up and look the "choose file box" says no file selected again.  What can I do differently to make it stay uploaded?

(Note: The job board has a unique registration, and does not share login information with the message board).
5: Locate your resume file on your computer.  It can be a MS Word (.doc), Acrobat (.pdf), Rich Text (.rtf), or plain text (.txt) file that is smaller than 1 MB in file size.
6: Click on the [Open] button in your computers dialog box. (See picture attached below)

Done.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2012, 08:34 »
I am having trouble uploading my resume.  I follow the steps below exactly and after step 7 is where things go wrong.  Between steps 6 and 7 the file shows up in the "choose file box" but when I push save and I go back up and look the "choose file box" says no file selected again.  What can I do differently to make it stay uploaded?

5: Locate your resume file on your computer.  It can be a MS Word (.doc), Acrobat (.pdf), Rich Text (.rtf), or plain text (.txt) file that is smaller than 1 MB in file size.

So, after step 7, do you see the “view file” and “delete file” links/options next to the [browse] button?

Did you Click on the “view file” link?.
Did you press [ctrl]+[f5] to refresh the page?

Once you click on the click on save, there will not be anything in the 'choose file box', because you already saved it.  It's already uploaded.  To see it, click on the 'view file' link, just like the instructions tell you to.  I checked and your Word file is indeed uploaded as an attachment.  So I'm not sure what you expect to happen, but everything is happening as it is intended.  What do you expect to see/happen when you click 'save'?  Perhaps I can change the program to give you more feedback.
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2012, 08:42 by Rennhack »

Offline medwell_hill

• Lurker
« Reply #9 on: Aug 28, 2013, 12:00 »
I was having the same problem and didn't realize it was working until I read the previous comments. Something that might be helpful is having say save was successful or file was uploaded successful after you click save.

Milesk

« Reply #10 on: Oct 23, 2013, 01:00 »
Attached my resume per your direction, when I went to "view file"... well it's not very viewer friendly! In fact doesn't make any sense at all. can you help with this?!
 Thanx,
 Keith

Offline Cyberfind

• Very Lite User
« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2016, 12:32 »
I was confused when I could upload/import my resume document (Doc/PDF) to my online resume, check it (and see it) yet after SAVING the online form I could no longer see it referenced in the online form. My pea brain thought I should be able to see it if it worked, so I tried a few more times. Ends up you can not see the attachment off the on-line form BUT it will be available to pick off when you apply for a job.
Since my knucklehead tried it more than a few times with different versions I was afraid that I would now have a bunch of resumes attached, but when I asked I was assured only ONE document would be available in the files/system.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?