Facility & Company Information > Bartlett

Bartlett:What pile are you in?

(1/10) > >>

darkmatter:
Here’s an opinionated story told to me about Bartlett many years ago:

The Site Coordinator told me this, when Bartlett took over a contract from a competitor, many of the currently working Techs rolled over to Bartlett. The Utility, not having used Bartlett before, requested a current working Tech to be the Site Coordinator for Bartlett. Brucie of course flew down to interview his “new” Coordinator and discuss company policy with him. In the course of the interview and discussion the rollover Techs and incoming Techs Resumes were sorted into two piles by Bruce. Pile number one was what Bruce said were the preferred Techs and pile number two was who we hire only cause the Utility wanted them or we ran out of the Bartlett “good ones” for staffing. Now the Site Coordinator having been working in the industry for many years knew most of the Technicians in both piles and noticed something interesting. Pile number one was composed mainly of Techs he thought were mundane, average, and usually needed help in getting to a jobsite, housing arrangements, and guidance for job coverage, etc. Pile number two was mainly composed of experienced, capable, road techs with “personality” who needed no help with anything, their resumes were full of serious jobs such as steam generator work, drywells, whatever was hot sweaty and high dose type.

What pile would you be in?

alphadude:
neither pile.  never worked for them but had contracted with them to perform services- my past experiences with the company were not so good. (envirostone, electropolish waste, dosimeters, FSS, chemical burns from laundry, two perdiam rates for the techs, fishing trips for managers, area survey monitor, keys to the company house boat etc.)

however, since new management is changing the company,  there seems to be some changes planned which are for the better. New officers have a profile that "fits the industry". Perhaps the "good old boy system" will finally be phased out.  Face it, everytime this company was discussed in open company, eyes do roll or some giggles leak out-and this is not at the tech level dear friends! Bruce was shrewed in business, thats for sure. I still know a number of techs that have not signed an employment agreement or know they have or just basically dont understand the company policys.  So maybe it will all change. Time will tell.

darkmatter:

--- Quote from: Rennhack on Jun 30, 2005, 06:33 ---What does this have to do with the price of tea in china?  Brue has nothing to do with the company anymore.

I think your question should be it's own topic in the "Expose yourself" area.

--- End quote ---

But Mike, of course this should be here in the "talk about Bartlett" thread, Alphadude caught on real quick and perceived the story as an example of how companies change over time with culture and politics.
Entries should not be deleted (or implied to be deleted) just cause someones perception may differ---isn't that what forums are about? (Flamers & Trolls should be deleted)

alphadude:
I though Bruce was a board member and his appointed heirs are still in place.. just because he dont answer the phone... as I said, things will change with BNI they have too.  The slick chrome plated structure they were needs to become stainless..its good business.  Time for a house cleaning BNI... google BNI, NRC, millstone and see a reason they need change.

SloGlo:
darkmatter.... it is with pride in accomplishments and the inablility to shake a rep that i would be firmly entrenched in the number 2 pile.  which poses the question of whether any pun wuz intended with the number one and number two (piles)?  'n yeah, eye've bin ina doo-doo befour. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version