Career Path > Training, Tests & Education

Distance learning Calc 3 and Calc based physics

(1/3) > >>

JsonD13:
I am looking to start my master's degree in medical physics through GA Tech.  The prereq's are two years of math ( through diff. eqn's), 1 year of calc based physics, a computer programming course (which i have), and an anatomy and physiology course.  I'm active Navy.  Anybody have a clue how I might get these prereq's done through distance learning???

radgal:
JsonD13,

I'm currently taking CalculusII through the University of Iowa online distance learning program.  They offer CalcI and CalcII as far as Calc III and Diff. Equ. I haven't found them online yet.  Here is the link   http://continuetolearn.uiowa.edu/ccp/gis/courses/
Any questions just IM me.

Radgal

JsonD13:
Iv'e taken Calc I and II through TESC for my BS.  I am mainly looking for the calc based physics because that one seems to be the toughest to find.  Thanks for the info though, I'll definetly check it out.

Jason

radgal:
JsonD13,

I need to take it too (MS in Health Physics) and mostly I found at least for entry level physics they require a lab so you can't do it online.  I tried.  I'm actually going to be going to a class and the lab.  I got the 1st semester waivered by the prof cause I'm NRRPT (counts as 30 sem hours in Health Physics) and I had a semester of engineering phyiscs which was trig based.  If you find something post it as will I. Usually though you can find Calc III and D.E. as evening courses. Good luck in you pursuit.

Radgal

JsonD13:
A little research paid off!  I found at University of Tenesee-Knoxville they offer Calc III, Diff. Eqns, Calc based physics I and II all through distance learning (web based and independant study).  Now I just need to look for anatomy and physiology!

Jason

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version