Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu OREX honeypot

Author Topic: OREX  (Read 60803 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: OREX
« Reply #50 on: Nov 28, 2007, 03:07 »
Some of the craft people I worked with at Peach Bottom and TMI claimed to develope a rash from the OREX scrubs.  They got a doctors note, which allowed them to opt-out of the OREX requirement.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #51 on: Nov 28, 2007, 06:08 »
I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with workers devloping rashes attributed to Orex. ???

Surry had a supply of cloth modesties & PCs for people who got rashes from the OREX.
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #52 on: Nov 28, 2007, 06:29 »
I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with workers devloping rashes attributed to Orex. ???

I ordered them for all of our guys.
They were in the 90 degree heat, humidity, rain, you name it.
Not one of our guys ever had any problems with them.
This was over a 6 month period, and it was the disposable coveralls.

Joe Ferguson

« Reply #53 on: Nov 28, 2007, 06:40 »
Yeah...........seems like every outage there are a couple (2-3) of workers that have a reaction to the OREX.  It's a small population of people and you can tell they really don't do well in them.  Most sites have a supply of cotton scrubs that HAVE to be worn by welders, so we just toss them a pair of those.

rotag 

Cathy

« Reply #54 on: Nov 29, 2007, 12:07 »
I have worn white orex for a couple of years and had no problem. I put on a set of the green orex modesties and much to my surprise I had a nasty, fairly quick rash. Anyone else had the same problem? I still have no issue with the white, maybe it is the dye??? I have not tried the green modesties since then.

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #55 on: Nov 29, 2007, 01:20 »
I break out from them but then again I also break out from the laundered depending on what they wash them in.  Clear caladryl or benadryl spray is your best friend when this happens.  Those won't make you sleepy like popping a few benadryl can, and will help keep it from getting too bad  (not sure what one vendor used, but at one plant I ended up with blisters from repeated exposure to what ever they washed the PCs in)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?