Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Maurice Newby honeypot

Author Topic: Maurice Newby  (Read 7092 times)

Offline RJJM

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Maurice Newby
« on: Jul 27, 2005, 09:21 »
Funeral services for Maurice Newby who passed away Monday, July 25, 2005, will be Saturday July 30 at noon at the Oak Grove Baptist Church in Suffolk, VA, with Crocker Funeral Home, 900 East Washington St., Suffolk, directing.

Visitation was July 27, in Huntsville, AL.

Maurice was a HP tech at Browns Ferry.  He was a 25 year veteran of TVA.

Maurice will be greatly missed by all that knew him.  Condolences to his family.

fraz-me

Re: Maurice Newby
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2005, 04:29 »
Maurice will be greatly missed. We just worked with him a few months ago. He was our lead tech on nights. Great guy and good tech. We will miss you.. Our condolences to his family.

maddscientist

« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2005, 04:47 »
I worked with Maurice Newby for 12 years.  If he could stand up and take a smear, I'd work with him again.  Great guy.  Worked hard.  Didn't complain.  I reminisce of the time when Keith B. asked him why his family reunion T-shirt didn't have "Newby" on it, but some other name.  Maurice just looked at him and said "Where I come from, Newbys don't marry other Newbys."

My condolences to his family and friends.

Industry_event

« Reply #3 on: Aug 01, 2005, 08:23 »
I found  out last week when I came in to work. I could not even comment for a week. I have met a few people that I have wished I could be more like. Maurice was a GIANT here, he earned everyone's respect! I am a better person because I met him. I think all of his friends would agree with that. He truly will be missed.
Rome

shovelheadred

« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2005, 05:50 »
Is this the same Newby that worked at Newport News Shipyard in the 80's? Left and went to TVA, if so he was an inspiration to us all when he left............my condolences to the family,,either way

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2005, 02:28 »
Yes, Maurice worked at Newport News.  I first met him there when I was stationed on the Nimitz and we were there for the first overhaul.  I instantly liked him.  We both ended up at Browns Ferry.  He was a fine man, a great HP, and will always be an inspiration to all of us who knew him. 

Dave

celeste green

« Reply #6 on: Aug 06, 2005, 12:42 »
just found out about maurice i am not sure which one he was there are a couple of newbys in the newport news areas
but my prayers go out to his family
did he work at surry?
back in the early 90,s?

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2005, 12:27 »
Maurice didn't work at Surry.  He was at Browns Ferry since the mid 1980's.
Dave

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?