Career Path > DOE

Barnwell Closure

<< < (6/7) > >>

MrHazmat:

--- Quote from: Camella Black on Mar 05, 2007, 09:41 ---Mr. Hazmat, thought you were from this area? Come on now if you are then you must know that between 2001 and 2005 more than 79 million dollars was drawn from this fund by the state to offset their budget.

I really don't care why the state wants to keep it open, I just want it to stay open. We need it here, not only for income but for the industry. I do however wish they'd keep their fingers outta of the cookie jar.

--- End quote ---

Yea I am from Barnwell, just could not remember all the facts. darn getting old and got CRS.

alphadude:
and SC is still not a shinning example of a well run state.. use to be "thank god for Mississippi" now i think its the other way around..thank god for SC.

Camella Black:
Well I'd smite you but I don't have the heart; after all if you can't see your own (our you own states) faults then you can't make changes.

Mike McFarlin:
Pray for rain. Remember?

Camella Black:
Chem-Nuclear bill dies in House committee

COLUMBIA - The nuclear waste facility in Barnwell County will close to all but three states, after a S.C. House committee voted 16-0 against a plan to keep the site open to the rest of the country.

The overwhelming vote came despite the fact the bill was sponsored by Rep. Billy Witherspoon, R-Conway, who chairs the Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environmental Affairs Committee, which voted on the proposal.

From the People Sentinel, Barwell SC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version