Career Path > Training, Tests & Education

Old Dominion vs. TESC vs. Excelsior

<< < (11/12) > >>

richardm82:
Does anybody have a link or can post a degree roadmap for ODU and Excelsior for Navy Nukes?

How many more classes are required for ODU and Excelsior than TESC?

I am two classes shy of getting my BSAST in NET at TESC but am concidering transfering those credits to ODU or Excelsior to get the ABET. I know Excelsior has no minimum credit requirements, you just have to pay more.

co60slr:

--- Quote from: richardm82 on Jul 29, 2010, 07:39 ---I am two classes shy of getting my BSAST in NET at TESC but am concidering transfering those credits to ODU or Excelsior to get the ABET.

--- End quote ---
Why?

Get the BSAST and get going on Grad School.   Get Excelsior (with the ABET blanket) and get to Grad School.

I'd leave the Navy with a BS degree and shoot for grad school "in progress"....it all depends on how much time you have left. 

[2cents] from Co60

SA82:
Here is a link to Excelsior's degree program, in their catalog, and a list of credits that you will receive from the navy. Pages 53 to 58....

https://www.excelsior.edu/Excelsior_College/Publications/Technology_Catalog.pdf

Hope this helps. I just finished the Excelsior degree (EM1(SS)). Send me a message if you have more questions.

nuke_girl:
Interesing topic...Im about a year and a semester away from graduating a program that combines an AAS in radiation protection and 2 extra years for a BAAS in Industrial Engineering Technology..my focus is on ALARA, as that i am an HP. I did notice that the majority posting here are Ops.

The program is through Tarleton University in Texas and is called 2 for 2 . Tarleton is partnering with TSTC's AAS program.

Just some information for those looking for HP/ Engineering degrees.

Preciousblue1965:
Just some information to put out there.....

I just received an email from TESC in which they are looking for students to participate in a pilot class called Nuclear Engineering Captsone. This class is in addition to the current class work for Nuclear Engineering Technology and the entire program is going to be submitted for ABET accrediation in 2011.  So basically, TESC is looking to get their ABET accrediation for their NET degree.  I will let you guys know more when I hear more.  I have signed up for the pilot and will let you know how it works out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version