Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu EM1 looking to get in at Shearon Harris honeypot

Author Topic: EM1 looking to get in at Shearon Harris  (Read 6201 times)

micachu

EM1 looking to get in at Shearon Harris
« on: Aug 15, 2005, 11:13 »
Hey guys, I'm a 7 year EM1 and it looks like I may be getting discharged a year early for PRT failures.  I'm not all that fat, my old command just loved boning people whenever possible.  I'm only a few classes short of the Thomas Edision BSAST and looking to go to NCSU for a masters when I finish that up.  I've googled Shearon Harris numerous times trying to get a contact number for a personnel office or something to no avail.  I was qualified SRO, RE and Switchgear on the Enterprise for over 4 years and never had a watchstanding critique.  I will be finishing up block training at NNSY in September where I've qualified Nuclear Quality Control, Nuclear Material Control, Freeze Seal Mechanic, Nuclear Flange Mechanic, Nuclear Test Mechanic, Radiation worker in glovebags, Drapes and walk-in CSCA's and Primary Valve mechanic.  Can someone help me out with some info on how to contact these guys?
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2005, 11:24 by micachu »

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: EM1 looking to get in at Shearon Harris
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2005, 01:28 »
http://www.progress-energy.com/aboutus/employment/postings/jobs.cfm

they are part of progress energy.  here is where you can find jobs at progress energy.  you could probably find a number to call SOMEODY who could give you HR at SH, or you could just apply on-line.

micachu

« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2005, 06:15 »
Ok, thanks for the info.  I was browsing around last night and this place is cram packed with good stuff for guys like us.

jjordan

« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2005, 04:12 »
I'm an HP at Brunwick, and due to the early retirement package offered to our aging workforce. Progress is currently hiring at all 4 of their sites. Go to the link provided and submit online. You may have several positions that interest you , maybe at more than 1 site. You can apply for them all there. That's how they prefer you do it, there is info on the site that spells everything out. We have HR offices at each site, but if you can get through to the 1 or 2 people there, they forward your resume to corporate anyways. You can no longer come on site and apply in person since 9/11, so do it electronically, it only takes a minute if you have an electronic copy of your resume.
Good Luck, ;D
JJ
PS I prefer living at the beach! 8)

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2005, 01:36 »
Ok, thanks for the info.  I was browsing around last night and this place is cram packed with good stuff for guys like us.

That is always nice to hear... and exactly why we are here. On behalf of all the staff, welcome to NukeWorker.com
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

micachu

« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2006, 08:25 »
Wow, I just stumbled upon this one.  Today was my 2nd day at North Anna.  I tried Shearon Harris and they weren't hiring until just a few days ago and I already have a 12 month lease up here.  Kinda sucks, but the countryside is gorgeous.  I think I'll like it here just fine.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?