Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Google Earth Viewer

Author Topic: Google Earth Viewer  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Google Earth Viewer
« on: Aug 18, 2005, 09:09 »
Google Earth (Used to be called Keyhole) – Explore, Search and Discover
A 3D interface to the planet

Want to know more about a specific location? Dive right in -- Google Earth combines satellite imagery, maps and the power of Google Search to put the world's geographic information at your fingertips.

It also lets you overlay roads, hotels, banks, churches, topography, zip codes, crime stats... and power plants...

Here is the link to the Google Earth Viewer (free).
http://kh.google.com/download/earth/index.html

Now for the really cool part, after you have installed the software, and have it running; click on the attachment below, and it will add all of the nuclear facilities to your google earth placemarks. (Choose open)

After you have opened the file, it will automatically add the folder of placemarks to your earth viewer, located in your "temporary placemerks" folder.  You need to move it to your "my placemarks" folder, by draging and droping it.

« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2005, 09:41 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Google Earth Viewer
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2005, 09:43 »
Attached to this message are Several more files, one is picture ocerlays of Europe reactors.

The others are place marks of France, Scotland and Spanish sites simular to the US llist posts in the first message.

Also, you can do a rearch of the Earth Viewer BBS for more locations:
http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/dosearch.php?Cat=&Searchpage=2&topic=
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2005, 11:07 by Rennhack »

Offline makua13

• Light User
  • Live Aloha
« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2005, 01:06 »
This program is so cool, just discovered it last month.  Ihave just arrived in Jefferson City for work at Callaway, but before I got here I was able to look at my apartment, actually travel the route to the plant, and when I typed in Reform, Mo it zoomed in on the plant itself. Awesome!!
Live Aloha

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2005, 09:28 »
If you click on that first attachment, it will have Calaway on the map already.  (And all the other plants.)

I've used this for a while, since it was Keyhole, and it cost money.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2007, 11:00 »
Still free?
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2007, 11:14 »
Still free?

what, google earth?  yep.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?