Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NukeWorker.net no more. honeypot

Author Topic: NukeWorker.net no more.  (Read 6295 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
NukeWorker.net no more.
« on: Aug 26, 2005, 07:21 »
The free yourname . nukeworker . net service is no longer available.  One person had copywrighted material on their site, which caused us a little legal trouble.

So... that sevice is no longer available.The free yourname . nukeworker . net service is no longer available.  One person had copywrighted material on their site, which caused us a little legal trouble.

So... that sevice is no longer available.
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2005, 07:54 by Rennhack »

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
Re: NukeWorker.net no more.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2005, 10:15 »
Bummer, dude.
How is it that the offense of one or a few affects all users? I hate PC.
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2005, 12:39 »
It's not really the person that 'allegedly’ posted copyrighted material that is at fault.  It was the impetus for the action. 

After I was contacted by the lawyer of the copyrighted material, I attempted to disable the offending site.  The company that provides the free web site service was not cooperative in disabling the site, which led me no choice but to end our arrangement with them.

I can look into hosting it ourselves.  We have grown large enough where we can probably do that.
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2005, 02:04 by RDTroja »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2005, 01:11 »
I'm told that you can view but not edit your site at this address:

yourname.nukeworker.net.istem p.com

So to visit your old site DarkMatter,

http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com should get you there.
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2005, 01:12 by Rennhack »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?