Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Gas Prices

Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 2622 times)

halflifer

Gas Prices
« on: Sep 02, 2005, 09:37 »

Doc_REM

Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2005, 08:07 »
$3.48 A GAL. HERE!!! >:(
And I may have to drive to Nevada next week for a job!!! :o

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #2 on: Sep 03, 2005, 10:12 »
Nevada's not that bad YET! $3.05 for reg in Vegas, and $2.85 for reg in Pahrump
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Rad Sponge

« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2005, 01:58 »
Gas Prices

Let's see, a full tank of 20-25 gallons costs roughly 60-75 bucks hmm?

Well let's see:

We are all mostly nukes here and I assume many of us make a decent living. We may have some newbies here and some part timers and some struggling folks, but I am naively assuming we all are doing ok.

That being said lets talk about quitting the assignment of blame (Psst, it isn't the Iraq War or Shiva Bush at the center of the universe pulling handles, its quite possibly the demanding markets of India, China, and other near-no-longer-third-word countries keeping the cost high. How much does something cost? What ever someone is willing to pay for it, and right now the market can support 70ish buckaroos/gallon and let's not forget that America hasn't built a refinery since before I was peeing on my pacifier in protest) and figure out how to economize:

1. Figure a couple of nights out to Applebees, Hooters, or wherever cost the same.
2. Figure a few less pleasure trips
3. Figure more use of public transportation, biking, walking.
4. Figure activities such as hiking, biking, reading, and other non-petrol-heavy adventures
5. Figure NASCAR, INDY etc. being eco-responsible and cutting down the race schedule (HEAVENS NOOOOO!!!!)
6. Figure less CELEBS and POLITICIANS whoosing around in private planes.
7. Figure the little things that add up to alot.

Figure Figure Figure, but Conservation is the surest source of resources. 

Sponge

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2005, 04:14 »
I TOTALLY agree. It's like my son said " I may drive a older car which is slightly beat up, but I get 40 miles to the gallon and its paid for!"

I recently took a trip to Bethesda, Maryland and had to rent a car so I got a Ford Focus, maybe it wasn't fancy, but it sure saved me some money at the pump.

I push conservation whenever I can, we are a give me now sort of generation, many of us have forgotten those things we believed in during the 70's like saving the environment for our children.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2005, 12:32 »
II push conservation whenever I can, we are a give me now sort of generation, many of us have forgotten those things we believed in during the 70's like saving the environment for our children.

now that petro is down to the low $2/gal range, how long before the suv rage resumes?  i figure they'll take of in sales again in a year or so, about the time that the current fleet starts to age 'n people want a new vehicle. 
how bout the new gen of diesel pickup?  the manufacturers are trashing the concept of diesel.  it's about torque, not horsepower.  what do they do?  build bigger 'n badder diesel engines with more hp!  'n what happens?  mpg goes from 20 or so (for a 1/2 ton) down to 12-15.  'n detroit wonders why the japs are kicking their butt in the marketplace.  go figger.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

vikingfan

« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2008, 01:28 »

justatech

« Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 2008, 05:25 »
Has anyone heard that some of our American companies may be moving back to the states? Apparently even with the cheap labor it's costing them profits to ship their merchandise to the states - it would actually be cheaper to manufacture the products here. They gave an example - before it cost $3,000 (US) to ship x amount of merchandise to the United States - the same x amount costs $8,000 (US) today. The majority of the companies have to ship here because we are their number one customer.............

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?