Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Failed Pre-employment honeypot

Author Topic: Failed Pre-employment  (Read 8978 times)

mobber12

Failed Pre-employment
« on: Oct 17, 2005, 03:32 »
A question from a newby.  If you fail the breathaliser on a pre-employment test at a nuke plant are shut out of all nuke plants?  This was for a contract job.  Do the plants automatically share that information with the rest of the plants?

Fermi2

Re: Failed Pre-employment
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2005, 03:47 »
A question from a newby.  If you fail the breathaliser on a pre-employment test at a nuke plant are shut out of all nuke plants?  This was for a contract job.  Do the plants automatically share that information with the rest of the plants?

Yes they do. If you were denied access at a facility that becomes available everywhere in the industry.

Mike

Valkrider

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2005, 06:26 »
It's pretty hard to imagine that someone would show up for work at a nuke plant on their first day and fail a breathalyzer test.  I guess I can't show too much sympathy to anyone that does this.  Denying access is probably the first step to recovery and hopefully this person will get a second chance and a wake up call.

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2005, 11:10 »
One of the standard questions on your entry papwerwork is "Have you ever been denied entry to a Nuclear Plant?"

Telling the truth is a whole lot easier to explain than lying about it after you get caught.  And you will get caught.
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

ageoldtech

« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2005, 03:16 »
A person can be reinstated after completing rehab, but of course it comes out of your own pocket.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2006, 12:08 »
Just wait till the first week-end you have off to drink!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2006, 02:40 »
According to the stats, Mobber12 created an account specifically for the purpose of asking this question. Mobber has not logged back in, because it isn't necessary to log in to see the bashing in progress.

No, I don't want to work with people who are under the influence of alcohol. But I don't think that justifies trying to embaress them so much that they never return. I guess we have all done at least one thing we realized later was stupid. I have friends that won't be working in nuclear plants this decade, but there is no reason for ridicule.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2006, 03:18 »
According to the stats, Mobber12 created an account specifically for the purpose of asking this question. Mobber has not logged back in, because it isn't necessary to log in to see the bashing in progress.

No, I don't want to work with people who are under the influence of alcohol. But I don't think that justifies trying to embaress them so much that they never return. I guess we have all done at least one thing we realized later was stupid. I have friends that won't be working in nuclear plants this decade, but there is no reason for ridicule.

Those posts must have been deleted, eh?

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #8 on: Apr 09, 2006, 02:36 »
mobber12... power plant blockage is often the detour needed to find other employment venues.  life ain't a hallway with only one door.  if one is locked, check anudder to see iffen it opens.  'n how many peeple yinz know their.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #9 on: Apr 11, 2006, 08:08 »
Those posts must have been deleted, eh?

I figured deleting the offending remarks 6 months after they were posted would not change the result; hopefully we can learn from this bad thread example.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #10 on: Apr 11, 2006, 10:28 »
What offending remarks in this bad thread example?  Unless, some have been deleted from the current messages in the thread.
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?