Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu hotel taxes on room after 30 days
honeypot

Author Topic: hotel taxes on room after 30 days  (Read 25858 times)

Offline nothinbuttrouble

• SR HP TECH
  • Light User
  • I love being a professional babysitter!!!
hotel taxes on room after 30 days
« on: Oct 18, 2005, 04:08 »
i would like to know what the deal is on hotel taxes after you stay at the hotel after 30 days.  in the past i was under the impression sales tax was dropped and if i was there longer than 30 days i got a refund on the taxes.  which they took off my hotel room or gave me it back at checkout time...i have stayed in michigan and had a hotel paper that stated the facts but since i have lost it.  im now staying in pennsylvania trying to figure this out once again.  if anyone has the facts for this or away to push in me in the right direction to get this answer i would appreciate it very much...thank you in advance   :)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Re: hotel taxes on room after 30 days
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2005, 05:54 »
www.revenue.state.pa.us/revenue/cwp/view.asp?a=11&q=48828&revenueNavDLTEST=%7C3637%7C

Above is a link that I found concerning the Hotel Occupancy Taxes in PA.

alphadude

« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2005, 08:57 »
it depends on where you stay and in what state and it depends if you rent day by day or lease which some of the extended stay places operate under.

jimm1909

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 05:14 »
it depends on where you stay and in what state and it depends if you rent day by day or lease which some of the extended stay places operate under.
Recovery Finance Free Online Jobs Make Money Online Online Data Entry Jobs Online Copywriting Jobs Financial Recovery Starting an affiliate website
Vegas hotels MGM vegas hotel deal Vegas hotel promotions Mirage hotel vegas List of Las Vegas hotels Las Vegas hotel deals

Thanks for your answers guys, I was wondering the same thing.

-Jim
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2010, 01:49 by jimm1909 »

jeanlery2010

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2010, 12:19 »
Hotel tax is one of the problems customer have to sort out. As they say, it depends on where you are staying to figure out what you had lost. Specifically, you need to have those facts concerning about where you had stayed and try to settle it down with the front desk clerk of the hotel.
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2010, 01:23 by jeanlery2010 »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2010, 08:18 »
axe the clerk how long the taxes apply.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline traveltax

• Subject Matter Expert
« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2010, 09:21 »
Below is a link to a discussion on this in the "FlyerTalk" Forum regarding the occupancy tax as it applies to the Hilton chain. Basically, 30 days is almost universally the dividing line for a residential lease.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hhonors/487972-tax-exempt-after-30-days.html

Joseph Smith EA/MS Tax
Enrolled Agent, Admitted to Practice Before the IRS
TravelTax TravelTax Canada
www.traveltax.com info@traveltax.com

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?