Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Study Section Update  

Author Topic: Study Section Update  (Read 10434 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Study Section Update
« on: Oct 26, 2005, 09:03 »
The study section is a few years behind the rest of the site.  I need to update it badly.  I am looking for suggestions.  I would like to know what should the major categories be?  What information would you like to see there, and how would you like to see it organized.

Help me make the site better for everyone.

stownsend

Re: Study Section Update
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2005, 08:26 »
We're required to provide Industrial Hygiene/Industrial Safety support to our research professionals which is part of the ES&H department on top of our HP duties.I've seen alot of job postings for ES&H experience.Certified Safety Professional study material would be something new to set as a goal.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2005, 10:35 »
Can you send me some links to material we could incorporate?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2005, 09:54 »
Mike,

Did you look at the link I sent for the FEMA Independent Study Courses?

Tim

No.  You sent me links??

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2005, 10:33 »

wayfarer

« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2005, 03:36 »
hey.  i don't have any specific quals for input but i was confused on how the study section was organized and if it was possible for the descriptions of them to be a bit more detailed and have what pre-req's are needed listed or whatever other info would seem appropriate to help the non civ  nuc workers out.  I realize you can click each link and investigate each one separately, but it always helps to make things easier for the new guys as all the information is overwhelming and not in a language we speak yet.     :)

i made a post on the 'career -> general' area as 'specific tests/quals regarding your study section'  stating my original concerns.   
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,6355.msg36514.html#msg36514
thanks
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2005, 07:25 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2005, 07:29 »
hey.  i don't have any specific quals for input but i was confused on how the study section was organized and if it was possible for the descriptions of them to be a bit more detailed and have what pre-req's are needed listed or whatever other info would seem appropriate to help the non civ  nuc workers out.  I realize you can click each link and investigate each one separately, but it always helps to make things easier for the new guys as all the information is overwhelming and not in a language we speak yet.     :)

i made a post on the 'career -> general' area as 'specific tests/quals regarding your study section'  stating my original concerns.   
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,6355.msg36514.html#msg36514
thanks

Thats exactly the kind of comments I'm looking for.

My first reaction was to say that we are not here to tell you what you need, we are just here to give you the tools to help you when you figure it out.  But that is not why we are here, we ARE here to help in any way we can.  And I think that If I do something like what you describe, it will indeed make a great study section.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2005, 07:21 »
How about links to nuclear technolgy education sites - such as www.acme-nuclear.com
I think the forum is a better place for our favorite links, such as that.  I prefer to have the users make the site, in the forum.  This is a build it yourself site, lol.  I'll probably move the study section to the forum at some point.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?