Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu interesting question. maybe you've heard it before?

Author Topic: interesting question. maybe you've heard it before?  (Read 5360 times)

omieschmomie

What is common between a diode and pulley?
It's an electricity question.

Come on Nukes! Let's see what we got.

Offline bsdnuke

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: interesting question. maybe you've heard it before?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2005, 09:00 »
one way diode, two-way pulley

rlbinc

« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2005, 01:16 »
Let me take a shot at it. A pulley and a diode can both make a machine that causes vector reversal.

1) I can pull DOWN with a pulley and lift a weight UP.
2) I can put a NEGATIVE half sine wave into a full wave rectifier and get a POSITIVE half sine wave out.

Taken a step further...
1) I can get current flow through a forward biased diode (electron motion). But I can't get current through a reverse biased diode (no electron motion). (Unless it's a Zener, they cheat.)
2) I can pull on a pulley rope and raise a load (motion) above a floor. But I can't push on the pulley rope and lower the load past the floor 9no motion).

How's that?

omieschmomie

« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2005, 05:48 »
excellent job rblinc  8)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?