Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Byron vs Braidwood (IL...Exelon)  

Author Topic: Byron vs Braidwood (IL...Exelon)  (Read 5767 times)

ranger2

Byron vs Braidwood (IL...Exelon)
« on: Nov 17, 2005, 12:18 »
Hello all,

New to the site, first post.

Considering an SRO job with Exelon Corp. Most likely locations are Byron and Braidwood in N. IL.

Any feedback from the community regarding comparison between these locations (both work and surrounding community, schools, things to do, hunting, etc)?

Also, any info you may have about working for this company?

Thanks

foreverajr

Re: Byron vs Braidwood (IL...Exelon)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2005, 04:21 »
Braidwood and Byron are both great facilities to work at.  Both are small towns close to relatively large towns.  Byron has a Turkey Testicle Festival every year.  Last time I worked there, I missed the festival by a week.  I'm  sure it's a blast.  I mean, how many of those festivals can there be?  While I was at Byron, I stayed in Rockford.  I think it was a good 35 minute drive to work, but the town was great.  Braidwood is near Joliet which, from what I could tell, was another good sized town.  Lots to do.  There was a great little restaurant/bar down the road from the plant that had the best ribeye sandwich's.  Can't remember the name of it...maybe Kevin's.  The people are really nice at both of the plants.  Sorry I don't can't help anymore, but good luck with the job.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?