Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu John 'Jock ' Crawford  

Author Topic: John 'Jock ' Crawford  (Read 7540 times)

RAD-GHOST

John 'Jock ' Crawford
« on: Nov 08, 2003, 03:45 »
 Many knew him as " Jock ", his real name was John Portsmouth Crawford III.  Jock was born in Tanentum, Pa. He joined the Navy in 1951 and retired as a Senior Chief Corpsman in 1971.  Upon his military retirement, he was employed with General Dynamics in Groton Connecticut, 1971 - 1978.  He was then employed with Florida Power and Light in 1978, as a Health Physics Supervisor at Turkey Point, where he retiring in 1993.

Jock is survived by his wife Nancy and brother, William, children John, Peter, Robert, Tom and Margaret and thirteen Grand Children!

Memorial Donations may be made, in the memory of John, to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 1311 Mamaroneck Avenue, Suite 310, White Planes, NY 10605.

I, like many, am sad to here of his pasting!

God Bless !
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2004, 01:03 by Rennhack »

Offline liam

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: John " Jock " Crawford
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2003, 04:06 »
I had the pleasure of working with Jock at Turkey Point.  I worked for him as a tech and with him as a supervisor.  I can honestly say that Jock was one of the best supervisors I have ever worked for.  When I became a supervisor, he looked out for me and taught me a lot.  I will truly miss Jock and I will treasure my memories of working with him.

:-[

Wolfen

« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2003, 04:59 »
I don't know what to say.  I worked with Jock for years at Turkey Point.  He was one of the finest gentlemen that I have ever worked with anywhere, at anytime.  Jock, thanks for everthing that you taught me.  You were a true friend and ally.

Offline bill10249

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2003, 02:46 »
I worked  several outages with Jock at the gobblers nob I knew his as a great supervisor and  friend who willbe missed. It  seems like were loosing more and more of nuclear family or I am just getting old.  My prayers are with his family. his spirt is still wating at Hollywood and vine to be surveyed out.
Respectfully
Bill
trains stop at a train station, busses stop at a bus station and now I sit at a work station working for DOE - you decide

oldtech

« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2003, 06:30 »
I worked for Jock in 81 at Turkey Pt. during the first SGRP.  He was a good boss and a good guy.  My sympathies to his family.

Offline cruella

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2003, 07:20 »
I worked for Jock from 81 till 90. and I can't say enough good about him. Great man, he was loved by all. Tom.... I hope you read this.....Your dad is and will always be a good person. My sympathy goes to you and your family

diliigaf

« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2003, 03:21 »
Cruella,I.m not sure who you are,but thanks for the thoughts :'(My father was not only a good supervisor,but he was one hell of a man....I've been greiving and trying to deal with this the best I can...I going through some really rough times which is nothing new to me ,but just different.I'm not sure who you are but you can email me anytime...It might even help,thank you,,,peace,TC

BIGSHIVE

Re: Fallen:  John 'Jock ' Crawford
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2004, 10:20 »
I knew and worked with "Jock" at Turkey also, he was a good dude! Sorry to hear he's gone.

hezabear

Re: John 'Jock ' Crawford
« Reply #8 on: Mar 23, 2004, 04:16 »
 :( :( :( Just heard the new sabout Jock. My heart is sad for his family. TC I know you are hurting , but this will pass and Jock is in a better place. He was a good man and a great supervisor to all that new him. If there is anything I can do for you let me know. Your old friend. Bear

kpmills

Re: John 'Jock ' Crawford
« Reply #9 on: Aug 30, 2004, 01:07 »
Hey T.C.

Don't know if you will remember me... Kelly Parks. I dated your brother Bob for a while, and worked with your Dad at Turkey Point in the late 80's. I was very sad to hear about "Jock" I loved working with him, he was so good to me. Always looking out for my best interest. I am working with Ken Lemmond and he told me about your Dad, I always asked him how he was doing.  I pray you find the strength to get through this. Hope everyone else is doing well. Have not talked to Bob in years. Keep in touch

Kelly

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?