Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Sue E. Ward

Author Topic: Sue E. Ward  (Read 18125 times)

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
Sue E. Ward
« on: Nov 02, 2003, 05:09 »
Sue Ward (of Cedar Rapids, IA) died in a car accident in Richland County, SC, while working the current re-fuel outage at VC Summer. She had not reported to work today (11/02/03), which was totally out of character for her, and when we started to track her down, we learned she had died in the car accident yesterday afternoon. My condolences to her friends and family.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2004, 01:02 by Rennhack »

heavensrose22

Re: Sue E. Ward
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2003, 06:20 »
This is a sad day indeed. Sue was a beautiful person with a beautiful spirit. Her smile could light up any room she entered.
To her family, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Bless you...I am so sorry this has happened.
All of her coworkers here at VC and elsewhere will miss her and carry her memory with us.

Offline Mimi

• Lurker
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2003, 09:50 »
If anyone has any details about Sue's viewing and funeral please email reply.  There are several of us that have worked with Sue at Prairie Island and would like to send flowers and our condols to her family.

Thank you
Mimi

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2003, 04:19 »
I found this story about accident on local newpaper web site. Prayers go out to both families involved:

Auto accident kills 2 in Richland County (This article contains several news items)

Two people were killed Saturday afternoon when their pickup trucks collided in northern Richland County.

About 2 p.m., a 2002 Dodge Ram was heading north on S.C. 269, near S.C. 215, when it went into oncoming traffic and collided with a 1994 Dodge Dakota, said state Highway Patrol spokesman Josef Robinson.

The driver of the Dodge Ram, Diana Lee Hegler, 28, of Winnsboro, was taken to Palmetto Health Richland hospital and later died. She was not wearing a seat belt, Robinson said.

The driver of the Dakota, Sue Elin Ward, 47, of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, was killed at the scene. She was wearing a seat belt, Robinson said.

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2003, 05:34 »
I got word of this in my morning meeting today. This sucks. Sue was a good tech and a great person. She will be missed by many.

Floyd

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2003, 07:36 »
This really bums me out, yet another Tech I'll never get the chance to work with again. Where ever you are Sue, I hope you know you are missed.

[smiley=cry.gif]
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

jedball

« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2003, 01:33 »
It truly is a sad day. Sue was a very likeable person, a special person and hard worker. She made you feel good just by talking with her. Condolences alone do not express our feelings for her familys loss and for our loss of a friend and coworker. It seams at times those most deserving of life, the ones with the most to live for have life taken away far too soon from them.

When my sister Amy died some were kind enough to send funds to help her kids. If Sue has kids I would like the opportunity to pass on the kindness to her family. If anyone is taking up money for the family please post it for all of us so we may show our support for them. In these days kind words are food for the soul, and milk and bread are food for the table.

heavensrose22

« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2003, 06:38 »
We have been collecting money here at VC (via Renee Toole). But for those who can't get in touch with her, I'm sure you could contact Numanco and they could point you in the right direction. If I hear anything new, I'll let everyone know.

Iowa_HP

« Reply #8 on: Nov 04, 2003, 06:03 »
What a sad day indeed!! I've known Sue and her husband Wayne for many years. Sue was such a lovely person and spirit that she will be greatly missed by all whose life she had touched. Wayne, my prayers are with you and your children. We will take that ride this next year in rememberence of Sue. Sue, wherever you are, Happy Trails to you!
Sue Miltner

Sue Elin (Harapot) Ward, 47, of 1733 D Ave. NE, died 11/1/2003. Cedar Memorial.

Cedar Memorial is in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. You should be able to contact them with any questions in regards to services or memorials.

radgator

« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2003, 03:07 »
I had worked with Sue for many years at Prairie Island.  It was a shock when I receive the phone call.  She touched so many with her wit and love of life. She will always be missed. I know with her new love of flying, she has surely found her wings.
Our prayers go out to her husband and family.
Richard & Cathy

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
« Reply #10 on: Nov 07, 2003, 11:44 »
The family has not finalized the funeral arrangements because they are still awaiting the arrival of one of her sons, but arrangements will be handled by:

Cedar Memorial Funeral Home
       4200 First Avenue N. E.
       Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52402
       319-393-8000
       800-275-2332
       updates on the arrangements may be obtained at the funeral home's website: http://www.cedarmemorial.com

Cards may be sent to:
       Mr. Wayne Ward
       1733 D. Avenue N. E.
       Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52402

Iowa_HP

« Reply #11 on: Nov 10, 2003, 04:49 »
Due to circumstances beyond Wayne's control the services for Sue Ward have been changed.
The visitation will now be on Thursday, November 13th from 5-8 p.m. cst. The funeral will be on Friday, November 14th at 1 p.m. cst. Cedar Memorial Funeral Home is still in charge of the services.

Harpo

« Reply #12 on: Nov 12, 2003, 11:01 »
:'( It pained me greatly to have to go to work and inform my coworkers of the loss of this wonderful lady. She was a good tech, good person, and good friend. I recently bought a car (Fiat X-19) that she had a keen interest in. We discussed it many times and she desperately wanted me to enter it in a car show. I will Sue, just for you. I really wanted her to see this car, but will show it to everyone else instead. Peace be with her as our thoughts and love go with her also.

Offline uRiaL

• BELIEVING RCT
  • Moderate User
  • God knows the path I take......
« Reply #13 on: Nov 17, 2003, 03:40 »
My prayers and thoughts go out to the family while they morn the loss of their loved one.Just remember one day you'll meet again,there'll be no pain and sorrow.God bless you all as a new angel enters the gates of heaven. :'( :'(
I thank  GOD for you with every remembrance of you.

greengoo

« Reply #14 on: Nov 17, 2003, 06:28 »
My condolences.  This is sad indeed...hope things do return to some state of semi-normality.

greengoo. :'(

Oly

« Reply #15 on: Nov 23, 2003, 03:51 »
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I recently had the opportunity to work with Sue long term at PI. Another hard working tech lost, a good friend will be missed.

:'( :'( :'(

Offline Llama

• License Termination Manager
  • Moderate User
  • Have you hugged a llama today?
« Reply #16 on: Nov 27, 2003, 03:18 »
Sue was one of the finest techs to ever had worked with. We will all miss you Sue  

redbelle1

Re: Fallen:  Sue E. Ward
« Reply #17 on: Jan 16, 2004, 07:57 »
Sue Ward was intelligent,hardworking,fair playing and funny. Her grace, professionalism and leadership skills made her one of the most valuable members of any team she was on.

Sue loved her family, chocolate, animals, and her favorite orange shirt.

As the outage season begins, it is sickening to think that she will not be trudging the road of happy destiny. 

As we embark upon our various journeys, be safe and be grateful to have known the many we have loved and lost . 

DianaH4513

« Reply #18 on: Jun 04, 2004, 12:46 »
I am the mother of Diana Lee Hegler, who was driving the other truck and who died with Sue Elin Ward on November 1st.  I have read all the posts about this lady, and she sounds almost EXACTLY like my Anna in personality and in being loved.  I am so sorry for her family and that I didn't know Sue, she sounds like she was a super wonderful lady.
My Anna was a Nurse Tech at Baptist Hospital in Columbia, SC and she saved four people last year alone. They were going to pay for her to get her RN degree because she was wonderful in caring for her patients, never being selfish. I had her for 28 & 3/4 years and I never had any problems, she was the sweetest kindest person I ever knew. She would have taken her truck to the field if she had seen anything coming. I know this because she did it one day when somebody passed in her lane. She never hesitated and wasn't afraid of death, she loved God and she loved animals and people. She would be married by now, and her wedding dress is in her closet, so beautiful and so empty. She would have been a friend of Sue had they met.  I KNOW that someone was following Anna that day, she had been harrassed in Lexington and after the wreck, her bag with her best clothes, her makeup, her hairstuff, her wallet, PJ's, shoes....was stolen.
It is complicated but I have spent the past seven months searching because I KNOW who did this and caused these two beautiful women to be killed.
My life as I knew it ended November 1st, just as I'm sure Sue's family feels. My heart goes out to them every day and I pray for their comfort. I would love to see a picture of Sue if anyone has one. I will gladly share pictures of my Anna with anyone who would like to see her.  She WAS an earth angel, now she has her wings....and I hope she has met Sue in the Great Beyond and that they are friends.
Anna's life was one of giving and loving, she would never hurt a soul nor an animal, she was the most special person in the world to me. But now I know that she is with the Lord and working hard for Him.
There is no getting over something like this, but if it takes the rest of my life, I am going to make sure that the person(s) responsible for this accident are punished legally for what they did.  They called me from the scene and told me to go to Richland Memorial, and we took the short cut and ran right into the accident. Anna was maybe 14 miles from home.....how sad and tragic for two wonderful people and caused because of spite and envy.  God will take care of who caused this, I'm sure of it, but I AM going to help him!  I wish I had known Sue and not this way.  My Anna was a Lady, and so was Sue, and "a lady always knows when it's time to leave"....I think God had bigger things in store for both of them.
My deepest condolences to all,
Diana S. Hegler

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #19 on: Jun 04, 2004, 01:57 »
Ms. Hegler,

After reading your post earlier this evening, I found that I could not go to sleep without coming back and sending out a prayer for you. I did not have the privilege of knowing either Sue Ward, or you daughter Diana, but as the mother of 3 children and the spouse of a road tech who travels thousands of miles a year I can imagine the horror and sorrow that both families have gone through.

I trust that with time your heart will heal and pray that you find the peace you need.

exnuke19

« Reply #20 on: Aug 04, 2004, 07:35 »
May prayers and well wishes find you all

highradsnake

« Reply #21 on: Sep 13, 2005, 02:56 »
All of my thoughts and prayers to the family. I only new Sue Ellen for a short time at Seabrook this past spring season. She will be missed. :'(

Offline mlinkrpt

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #22 on: Oct 14, 2005, 09:36 »
I don't believe you have the correct Sue Ellen.  Sue E. Ward has been deceased for quite sometime, I think somewhere in the range of 2 years or more.   And if by chance you ever worked at Duane Arnold, Andy Schnobrich passed away 9/26/2005.  Hope this clarifies things a bit.
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2005, 11:10 by HydroDave63 »
o0o0o0  o0o0o0o0o0

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?