Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Dick Beltz  

Author Topic: Dick Beltz  (Read 11417 times)

DDD

Dick Beltz
« on: Sep 27, 2002, 10:29 »
Dick Beltz passed away at his home in Iowa. Dick had been working in West chicago for the past several years. He was a good friend and I know he had many out there that will miss him. R.I.P. DICK
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2004, 01:10 by Rennhack »

Kime_B

Re: Dick Beltz
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2002, 05:33 »
I got to meet Dick here at Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant.  He was funny and good to work with...  He will be
missed by many.   :'(  Kime B

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2002, 12:01 »
We also remember Dick at Portsmouth, and he will definitely be missed.
                     Bill and Debbie Dowdy
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

alphadude

« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2002, 07:18 »
:-/  Sorry to hear about Dick. He worked for me at Crystal River and we had some fun times. I did his taxes one time..boy did it get him a good audit.  
Charlie D.

Doc_REM

« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2002, 12:57 »
Sorry to hear about Dick,
He was a good person and fun to be with, I remember one time he called into CR-3 SICK!? He told the coorind. that he couldn't make it in because he had a problem with his ASS. Bobby asked him what the problem was and Dick with a most serious tone told him "I HAVE THIS BARSTOOL STUCK TO IT AND I DON'T THINK THAT I CAN GET IT OFF!"
Dick was one of those people in this business that will never be forgotten!
Say a little prayer for Dick this Holiday season!
Love ya Man!

DeathDose

« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2003, 09:54 »
Sorry to hear of Dick's passing.  Great guy.

charterboat

« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2003, 12:01 »
Good Bye Dick glad you made it this long

Trinity

« Reply #7 on: Apr 25, 2004, 07:38 »
I'm sad to see the news about Dick.
If anybody remembers the day I became known as The Silver Surfer, you know Dick. He was there in the thick of it along with me.
                       solong

ramdog_1

« Reply #8 on: Apr 27, 2004, 02:18 »
Dick was a good friend sorry old pal!

bartlettblows

« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2005, 08:31 »
Sorry to hear about the loss of Dick.  I worked my last outage with him in 1996 at D.C. Cook.  Some of the funniest times during that outage were spend with Dick telling me or someone else "Go practice falling down, I'll be to see you in a minute!".  I feel I'm better person because I got to know Dick.

Rest in peace friend,

Steve Hough

RadPlant

« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2008, 06:43 »
As a new member to this site, I am just now learning of some old friends that have passed.  I worked with Dick at the Steam Generator Replacement Project at Palisades in 1990.  He was certainly a character that livened up an outage, whether it was in the can getting dosed out or downing a Nuclear Holocaust at Huckleberry's.  I didn't know him very well but he was always there if you needed help.  Rest in Peace Dick.

Ken Martin

Offline galent

• Light User
  • Somebody toss me a crumb, will ya?
« Reply #11 on: Mar 19, 2008, 03:36 »
After years of crossing paths and having mutual friends I finally met Dick at Rocky Flats in 2001. What a hoot he was, becoming a great friend. We had him over to the house a number of times, barbecued steaks and played on a pool league team together. As soon as Dick had been there long enough for his insurance to kick in he got checked out by a cardiologist (he'd had a prior heart attack) who told him his arteries were 90+% clogged and there was nothing they could do for him. I left Rocky and flew back out once for a few days and stayed with him A month or so later he had a stroke while sitting in training there. After that he was biding his time waiting for the big day. I'll never forget on time I called to tell him I saw some girls holding up a sign a couple blocks form his trailer for a "Topless Car Wash". He called me back a while later and said, "thanks getting me all excited for nothing!" He said the gals wanted four bucks to wash his car but if he also wanted the top washed it'd be another buck.

He always said he'd go young like the rest of his family, and knowing that he lived life to the fullest. I know he's having fun wherever he's at and I hope to have some fun with him again .......some day. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?