Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Howard C. Thompson honeypot

Author Topic: Howard C. Thompson  (Read 3781 times)

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
Howard C. Thompson
« on: Jul 28, 2003, 06:19 »
I just learned this past weekend (7/26/03), that Howard Thompson, an HP house-tech and co-worker of mine at McGuire from '82-'93, committed suicide this past June. Howard was a good man. He worked hard, would lend you a hand without asking, and had a great sense of humor. But Howard could be stubborn, ornery, and difficult to persuade,when he made up his mind that "this was the way we were going to do it". I have fond memories of Howard, and I'm glad I knew him. Howard battled with depression for years, and I gather this last battle defeated him. Sadly, he leaves behind a wife and two daughters (ages 12, and 15). Rest in peace, Howard. The demons won't hurt you anymore.

A friend.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2004, 01:15 by Rennhack »

pronuke

Re: Howard C. Thompson
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2003, 03:04 »
I've gotten to where I am afraid to open this page anymore.
It seems every time I do, I learn of someones passing who has been a friend, coworker, or both. I am so sorry about Howard. I first worked with him in '85. He took good care of me and my fellow contract HPs. I worked there on and off for the next 10 years. I had my ups and downs with Howard. Mostly ups and I regret the downs. Now that I'm a little older I realize compassion means alot more than the macho crap we always tried to show. Howard was one of many fine people in the Duke HP system. I wish them all well, and Howard peace.

Offline uRiaL

• BELIEVING RCT
  • Moderate User
  • God knows the path I take......
Re: Howard C. Thompson
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2003, 06:05 »
My condolenses go out to the family in their time of grief.Like a lot of others it saddens me deeply to open this page,almost always there is someone I knew.I can only hope that we can meet again,and then Howard there will be no more sorrow,no pain.I love you ,man.GOD BLESS AND GOD SPEED. :'( :'(
I thank  GOD for you with every remembrance of you.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?