Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Hal Stoddard honeypot

Author Topic: Hal Stoddard  (Read 7089 times)

radwst

Hal Stoddard
« on: May 28, 2003, 07:55 »
Hal was a good man.  Here is his obituary.

Harold F. Stoddard, 45

YARMOUTH - Harold F. Stoddard, 45, a resident of Baywood Lane, died Friday, May 23, 2003 at Seaside Nursing Home in Portland. He was born in Worcester, Mass. on Nov. 16, 1957, a son of Harold M. and Evelyn (Johnson) Stoddard. He attended schools in Auburn, Mass. and later Thomas College in Maine. Mr. Stoddard was employed for ten years with the Norton Company in Worcester, Mass. and later with the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard. He then worked for the Battele Company in Columbus, Ohio for nine years prior to his illness. He enjoyed sports, especially baseball. He is survived by his wife of 27 years, Denise (Bean) Stoddard of Yarmouth; a son, Aaron Harold Stoddard of South Portland; a daughter, Allison Elizabeth Stoddard of Portland; his father and stepmother, Harold and Bernadine Stoddard of Kittery; his father-in-law and mother-in-law, Forrest and Eleanor Rollins of Waterboro; and a brother, Jay B.. Stoddard of Jamestown, N.Y. A funeral service will be held on Thursday at 11 a.m. with visitation one hour prior at Hay & Peabody Funeral Home, 749 Congress St., Portland with the Rev. Philip Shearman officiating. Memorial donations if desired can be made to: Maine Cancer Foundation P.O. Box 553 Portland, Maine 04112-0553 Hay & Peabody 772-5463

« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2004, 01:15 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Hal Stoddard
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 09:19 »
I worked with Hal at Battelle.  He will be missed.

Haz-Mater

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 06:25 »
I worked with Hal at battelle also.  He was a good person and great HP.  We had some great memories playing softball and talking about baseball.  Hall has had to suffer for a long time fighting his bout with cancer, but he will not have to fight anymore more.  I feel that he is in a better place.  Maybe his Boston Red Sox will win the World Series this year.... just for him.  Best wishes to his family.  He will be missed.

Offline Laning

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2003, 07:22 »
I also worked with Hal at Battelle. Battelle was that once in a career project (if you're lucky) where everything just clicks due to having great people everywhere you looked. Hal Stoddard most certainly qualified as Great People. He was a true gentleman, devoted husband and father; and a loyal friend.  

I'm happy and proud to have called him my friend.
If you're gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough

vikingfan

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2003, 07:49 »
I am sorry to hear of hal's passing. Having worked with hal at battelle for a number of years I will miss his insight to the business and his opinions on the management and also what he was thinking of his beloved red sox !! may all of our prayers go out to hal's surviving family members. he'll surely be missed.

god bless

james jablonski

moke

« Reply #5 on: Jun 03, 2003, 06:53 »
Hal was a very dear friend to me and one thing we had in common was that we enjoyed Ohio State Buckeye football! We maintained relations with team members and staff and attended practices since we worked just across the street at The Battelle Memorial Institute. We were blessed to be around the games best.

Hal was a cool customer and always fun to be around. We always discussed sports and was lucky to live in such a sports minded town as Columbus, Ohio. At work, we maintained relations with many at such a great institution and he never had a problem getting along with the grounds keepers nor the Rocket Scientists. He always had the skinny on things as the network was vast.

We shared many deep worldly conversations that I will miss since I could always speak my mind without any regret. Hal provided much elderly wisdom that I needed to get trough some very tough times. Mahalo Nui!

With great sincerity to the Stoddard family.

A hui hou kakou!

Go Bucks!

Until we meet again!

Aloha,

Moke  ;)

TEMERT

« Reply #6 on: Jun 04, 2003, 12:34 »
I worked with Hal at Battelle. He was a great guy. He has gone on to a much better place. My Prayers are with his family. God Bless, Tasha

Offline Jill

• Senior HP, everybodies whippin' biach, the list goes on...
  • Light User
« Reply #7 on: Aug 23, 2003, 09:20 »
I also worked with Hal at Battelle.  He was such a nice guy!  I always loved listening to his accent!  He was always good to me (Hal, just turn the other way, I need to borrow this tool and I SWEAR I will bring it right back!)  He will surely be missed.  My prayers go out to his family.  He was a great man, I miss him already....

Jill

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?