News and Discussions > Fallen:

Hal Stoddard

(1/2) > >>

radwst:
Hal was a good man.  Here is his obituary.

Harold F. Stoddard, 45

YARMOUTH - Harold F. Stoddard, 45, a resident of Baywood Lane, died Friday, May 23, 2003 at Seaside Nursing Home in Portland. He was born in Worcester, Mass. on Nov. 16, 1957, a son of Harold M. and Evelyn (Johnson) Stoddard. He attended schools in Auburn, Mass. and later Thomas College in Maine. Mr. Stoddard was employed for ten years with the Norton Company in Worcester, Mass. and later with the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard. He then worked for the Battele Company in Columbus, Ohio for nine years prior to his illness. He enjoyed sports, especially baseball. He is survived by his wife of 27 years, Denise (Bean) Stoddard of Yarmouth; a son, Aaron Harold Stoddard of South Portland; a daughter, Allison Elizabeth Stoddard of Portland; his father and stepmother, Harold and Bernadine Stoddard of Kittery; his father-in-law and mother-in-law, Forrest and Eleanor Rollins of Waterboro; and a brother, Jay B.. Stoddard of Jamestown, N.Y. A funeral service will be held on Thursday at 11 a.m. with visitation one hour prior at Hay & Peabody Funeral Home, 749 Congress St., Portland with the Rev. Philip Shearman officiating. Memorial donations if desired can be made to: Maine Cancer Foundation P.O. Box 553 Portland, Maine 04112-0553 Hay & Peabody 772-5463

Rennhack:
I worked with Hal at Battelle.  He will be missed.

Haz-Mater:
I worked with Hal at battelle also.  He was a good person and great HP.  We had some great memories playing softball and talking about baseball.  Hall has had to suffer for a long time fighting his bout with cancer, but he will not have to fight anymore more.  I feel that he is in a better place.  Maybe his Boston Red Sox will win the World Series this year.... just for him.  Best wishes to his family.  He will be missed.

Laning:
I also worked with Hal at Battelle. Battelle was that once in a career project (if you're lucky) where everything just clicks due to having great people everywhere you looked. Hal Stoddard most certainly qualified as Great People. He was a true gentleman, devoted husband and father; and a loyal friend.  

I'm happy and proud to have called him my friend.

vikingfan:
I am sorry to hear of hal's passing. Having worked with hal at battelle for a number of years I will miss his insight to the business and his opinions on the management and also what he was thinking of his beloved red sox !! may all of our prayers go out to hal's surviving family members. he'll surely be missed.

god bless

james jablonski

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version