Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Rick Remmers honeypot

Author Topic: Rick Remmers  (Read 8599 times)

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
Rick Remmers
« on: Jul 11, 2003, 06:09 »
Rick died last night of a heart attack, he was 50. He had been working as a ALARA Supervisor at Cooper for the past year. A good one is gone.

Remember, Stress kills. The rules for working at a Nuke Plant are:

Number 1. Don't sweat the small sh*t.

Number2. Its all small sh*t.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2004, 01:44 by Rennhack »
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

klsas

Re: Rick Remmers
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2003, 08:48 »
He was a good one. He will be missed. My condolences and prayers go to his family and with his co-workers.
keith

deconcuddles

« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2003, 12:27 »
Rick was one of the good guys.  He will be missed.  Always enjoyed seeing him at Cooper.  My sympathies to the family.  He helped me when my husband died while I was at Cooper and I never forgot him for that.

Offline dosetek

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2003, 02:10 »
Heard about Rick last night. I'm still in shock. He was one of the nicest guys you could ever want to know.  But he was extremely stressed this last outage. What a loss. They say the good die young. Well they got one of the good ones. My best to the family and all his friends (which were many).

maxparity

« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2003, 01:46 »
Didnt know Rick,but my condolences to his family.Amen to the stress reminder-its been 4 yrs. already since I was looking at my good friend Dan Gallagher lying dead on the SFP floor at DC COOK. He had just called me 10 mins.prior to say how happy he was that the Master-Lee refuelers didnt invite the HP's out for pizza at their trailer. He was an excellent tech.,had a great sense of humor and was one of the nicest guys I ever knew,and there is no doubt in my mind that the local nuclear bureaucracy played a major part in his demise.Do what cha gotta do when the meter is in your hand,and then leave it all behind at the turnstile,....it just dont matter- how radiation interacts with matter.

1DECONNER

« Reply #5 on: Jul 14, 2003, 11:17 »
Rick was an awesome guy!  Never a harsh word for anyone.  I have learned alot from him and will never forget what just knowing him has done for his many friends, myself included.  He will be missed dearly by many!!

maggie352000

« Reply #6 on: Jul 20, 2003, 01:53 »
God what a shock. Rick was a good friend of mine. But I hadn't talked to him in awhile. I'll really miss him.

Offline Sledhead

• Light User
  • They laugh at us because we are Different,  We laugh at them because they are ALL THE SAME !!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 2003, 02:35 »
  I first met Rick at WNP-2, he was on trade as a USA tech.  I would have never considered a Cooper outage, if it wasn't for the type of person that Rick was.

Without a doubt one of the nicest people I have ever  met in the Nuclear Industry.  

I will never see a Huskers bumpersticker or Sweatshirt without Rick Remmers coming to mind.  Nebraska had no bigger fan.

For you, RICK

GO BIG RED!!

You will be missed.  

BRC

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 01:09 »
I just found this.  This sucks.  I worked with Rick at the outage in '93.  Awesome guy.  I hope you're in a way better place Rick.

Offline St Raphael

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 03:56 »
So very sad to hear about the passing of such a great person.  Worked with Rick at WNP-2.  God Bless and prayers for the family.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 03:57 by straphael »
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, Not because they never found it, But because they didn't stop to enjoy it."  -- William Faulkner (1897-1962)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?