Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Stan Horner honeypot

Author Topic: Stan Horner  (Read 7402 times)

IPREGEN

Stan Horner
« on: Jun 09, 2003, 07:00 »
Stan passed away this weekend of a heart attack. One time Bartlett site coordinator who gave me a chance to move up from techin'. Had currently been house ALARA at Millstone. Saw him at the ALARA conference in New Orleans this past January. Good man who will be missed.
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2004, 01:50 by HydroDave63 »

duke99301

Re: Stan Horner
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2003, 07:52 »
stan was a good man worked with him years ago at IP2 1987. he tought me a lot.
sorry to see this.
duke

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2003, 08:25 »
East Lyme — Stanley H. Horner, 54, of 18 Cedarbrook Lane, died unexpectedly on Saturday, June 7, 2003.

He was born in Rhode Island on April 29, 1949 to Constance and Wilson Horner.

He was the husband of Mindy Gail Horner.

He attended Robert E. Fitch High School and graduated from Mohegan Community College with a degree in biology.

Mr. Horner was a veterinary assistant at the Groton Animal Hospital for 10 years before moving into the nuclear power industry. He was currently employed at the Millstone Power Station and held many positions in his 24-year career.

Mr. Horner's passions were his family, riding Harley Davidsons, landscaping his home, and working on computers.

He is survived by his wife; his mother; two sons, Trad Horner of Niantic and Christopher Horner of Brooklyn, N.Y.; and four grandchildren, Madison, Samantha, Abigail, and Trad Horner.

Friends are invited to gather at 9:30 a.m. for a 10 a.m. funeral service on Thursday, June 12, 2003 at Fulton-Theroux Funeral Home, 13 Lake Ave., Niantic. Calling hours will be from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, June 11, at the funeral home.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in his memory to the Stanley Horner Memorial Fund, c/o Chelsea Groton Bank, 21 Pennsylvania Ave., Niantic, CT 06357

I worked with Stan at IP and lived in the same town. I'll miss Stan. A truely Good man
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

Offline uRiaL

• BELIEVING RCT
  • Moderate User
  • God knows the path I take......
« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2003, 01:25 »
:'(I WORKED WITH HIM IN 1987 AT IP2.I WAS A NEWBIE THEN.I LEARNED ALOT AT THAT OUTAGE BECAUSE OF STAN.SO STAN I TELL YOU THIS; "I THANK MY GOD UPON EVERY REMEMBRANCE OF YOU,ALWAYS IN EVERY PRAYER OF MINE" PHILIPPIANS 1:3,4. =D  =D
I thank  GOD for you with every remembrance of you.

Bob

« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2004, 11:36 »
Also, worked with Stan at IP2 in 1987. Good guy. As a young junior, I got to work S?Gs with Stan and learned a lot about being a tech.
Thanks Stan.
Bob

moke

« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2004, 12:46 »
Though I never met Stan Horner, I sure did hear a lot of great things he did for many!

You will be missed by many.

Respectfully,

Moke

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?