Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Mike "Buzz" Bourgeois  

Author Topic: Mike "Buzz" Bourgeois  (Read 12414 times)

doctormoo

Mike "Buzz" Bourgeois
« on: Dec 23, 2005, 02:21 »

To Everyone out there:

Our friend and fellow RP Tech Mike Bourgeois was in a fatal car accident on 12/23/05. He touched everyone's lives here at River Bend Station and all the places he visited. He was an excellent technician and a true friend. He will be sadly missed. There will be an empty void in our hearts for a long time.

There will be visitation on Monday December 26, 2005  from 6pm till 9pm at:

Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church
9639 Sewell St.
St. Francisville, LA

There will be visitation again on Tuesday December 27,2005 from 10 am to Noon with Mass starting at Noon.

Any questions call us here at the plant.   

Industry_event

Re: Mike "Buzz" Bourgeois
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2005, 03:01 »
I worked with Mike at River Bend. He is a great guy, I say that because those he touched have alittle bit of him in them. He lives in each one of us now.

Offline let-it-ride

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2005, 03:31 »
So long  "Little Fella". You will be missed by many.

Offline Duct-Tape

• Light User
  • Silence is golden, Duct-Tape is silver.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2005, 08:58 »
I worked with Mike at Palo Verde back in 1989.  He was a good man that got along with everyone and was well liked.  The first time I ever tried deep fried turkey was Thanksgiving that year he cooked. 
So you wanabe a HP...

MissNuke

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2005, 10:13 »
It was such a shock to learn of Mike's death. Mike was always a kid at heart and nothing more than a big teddy bear. He would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He always kept a smile on my face with his antics. We all loved him slowly opening his locker to make sure it had not been booby-trapped. 6:00 turnover will not be the same without him. My heart and prayers go out first and foremost to his lovely daughters, Hillary and Shea. They were daddy's girls and loved him more than anything in the world. His family also will need countless prayers as they try to come to terms with their loss. It is never easy losing a good friend such as Mike. Many hearts will have a large empty space in them now with Mike's death, especially mine. His smile and wonderful spirit will always live on in my heart, he will never be replaced! God Bless and God rest your soul Mike! Gone, but never FORGOTTEN!

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2005, 02:17 »
I had the pleasure of working with him while he was at PVNGS and have some great, humorous memories...Mike riding his first Harley while wearing lime-green tennis shoes...Mike covering work in the radwaste truck bay while munching on the cookies he brought with him. He was a bigger-than-life character, figuratively speaking. I was sorry to see him leave here, and am saddened to see him leave here. I pray that his loved ones will heal soon.

Fare thee well, Miguel.
"I'm not quiet; I just don't demand to be heard." ---George Harrison

radtiger

« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2005, 02:54 »
The "Little Fella" will always be remembered as the guy that never met a stranger and could lift anyone's spirits. He also made being "Tech #1" not seem so bad... :)

Mike, thanks for the memories, and the smiles that you put on our faces.

You will definitely be missed here at RBS, but your presence will  live on forever.

God Bless.

mltdwn12

« Reply #7 on: Dec 25, 2005, 05:19 »
Man, that sucks  :( The first thing I thought of was the same thing RJC did, green tennis shoes and a Harley! I also remember him buying a half done Pro Street 69 Cuda with a 440 here in Phoenix. Drug it home and never did finish it before selling it. RIP
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 2005, 05:19 by mltdwn12 »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2005, 10:27 »
I was hoping that was a misprint when I saw "Big Boozzzewaahh" on the Fallen board. Mike was cool as a cucumber. One of my fondest memories of him was when he bet a fellow technician that Penn State's football team would beat some other lower division college by 80 points. The next day, he came in talking trash, like always. Penn State won 81-0. I never did find out what the bet was. Anyway, peace be with his family and close friends at PVNGS and abroad.
                                                                         Big Daddy Dave

« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2005, 10:30 by DaveWarren »

ageoldtech

« Reply #9 on: Dec 27, 2005, 01:29 »
I remember Mike well, hadn’t seen him since 95, he always had something going on. A great guy to be around, I really enjoyed working with him. My condolences to family and friends. You will be missed big guy.

workinman

« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2005, 11:21 »
Mike was a good man and will be missed!  He definately made the early days at PVNGS fun!  My prayers and thoughts go out to his family!

OWM

Offline Radstalker

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #11 on: Dec 28, 2005, 11:57 »
Rest In Peace, Mike.

mammasboy

« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2005, 01:36 »
What a shock to the heart!!!
I know Mike from when he worked out here @ PVNGS. One of my fondest remembrances was from the early 90's. My best friend had come out from Virginia for a visit and had only been in town for a few hours. Mike had invited us out to a local restaurant for a crawfish boil. This place was the unofficial home away from home for a lot of the Cajuns working at Palo Verde. Well Mike, as usual, had volunteered to work behind the counter, cooking, serving, cleaning up, whatever. He made sure that me and my friend were treated royally. We had so many crawfish remnants and crab shells piled in front of us that a local TV crew beamed us out live on the evening news.

Everyone was sad when Mike decided it was time for him to return home.
But we understood.

My last words to him now are the same as they were then:

Let the good times roll brother.....
Let the good times roll

rsebrin

« Reply #13 on: Jan 03, 2006, 08:59 »
 :( :( So long "Little Fellow" I hope and pray that your girls will continue with the light take always seemed to shine around you! :'( :'(

ironman

« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2006, 07:20 »
To all who have comment about Mike,
I am his brother-in-law and for those not a RBS, I worked at RBS until 4 years ago. For those of you from PaloVerde, I am now at Oconee where Buddy Burkett is working. His wife also works there and told me about this guy she and Buddy knew from Louisiana that had worked at PVNGS. It was Mike. She remembered the fried turkeys and crawfish boils. I have done them at Oconee.
It is nice to see I was not the only one he called "Little Fella". His sister and I have enjoyed reading of the fond memories each of you have of him.
If you go to
http://www.legacy.com/theadvocate/Guestbook.asp?Page=Guestbook&PersonID=16069723
you will be able to see what others here at home had to say about Mike. His sister has also placed a picture of him with his to girls on this site.
You are all correct in the way he always will be remembered. No way someone could forget Mike Bourgeois. I will miss having to track his deer he killed but could not find.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?