Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Monday a Bartlett holiday?  

Author Topic: Monday a Bartlett holiday?  (Read 12518 times)

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
Monday a Bartlett holiday?
« on: Dec 26, 2005, 09:29 »
Tried to call the office pukes this morning (Dec 26th) but the message was that i called "after normal working hours??"
Now I am sure that Monday is a normal working day..scheduled day after a holiday...at least it is for the Techs in the field as i recall.
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2005, 01:21 by Rennhack »

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
Re: Monday a B******* holiday????
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2005, 09:48 »
Today is a federal holiday.  As I recall , though it has been a few years, Bartlett's policy on holidays is that they are observed on Monday whenever they fall on a weekend.
This is not a "scheduled day after a holiday"; it is a holiday.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Monday a B******* holiday????
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2005, 01:20 »
I can confirm, it's a Bartlett holiday, just like at the post office.

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
Re: Monday a Bartlett holiday?
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2005, 02:22 »
sooo..
if I were working at a plant then i would be getting holiday pay for Dec 26?????

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2005, 12:02 »
Now RR, come back to the real world.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline cairnit

• Moderate User
  • I love my job........
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2005, 12:30 »
That would be a most likely..........resounding... ......NO!!!!!

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2005, 01:05 »
Your holiday pay depends on the site-specific contract.  Most public utilities observe holidays on the same days as the federal and state governments.  So, your Christmas Holiday this year would have been Monday, Dec. 26.  If you were employed by Bartlett on that day, you would most likely have been paid holiday pay, subject to the terms of the Employee Handbook (which you seem to have not read).
The next time you got to work for them, you should request a copy of the handbook, as well as ask for the site-specific details concerning paid holidays.  Or, you can download it here: http://www.bartlettinc.com/filelibrary/Employee_Handbook_2004.pdf
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2005, 01:09 by BeerCourt »
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2005, 04:39 »
Rhoads, no offense and I'm not picking on you, but how long have you been in this business? Quite a while I believe, but I have been wrong before. Bartlett being closed on the Monday after Christmas is nothing, try being laid off for 11 days because your bosses all want to go home for Christmas, or bring your family down for the holidays and being laid off 2 days before Christmas ... I'm sure all of us have some horror stories to tell about holidays and holiday pay.

Perhaps this would be a new topic? How I spent my holiday....

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2005, 06:14 »
not very long... 8)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2006, 12:22 »
aw hail!  wan eye werked four da boyz in blue, eye konsidared awl mondaze as holidays.  dey payed da same az avary udder day..... strait tyme. ;)
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Schiner

« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2006, 11:58 »
BeerCourt hit the nail on the head.  Its site contract specific.  Here's one for you.

I worked Monday through Friday prior to Memorial Day on one Bartlett project.  They needed me on a different one on the Tuesday after Memorial Day so I drove across country over the holiday weekend.  Started Tuesday and didn't get paid for the holiday because I wasn't billable to either project on Monday. My site coordinator was Ed Carl and he's always taken care of me but he couldn't do anything about it.  Chalked that one up as a learning experience.  If I had thought about it ahead of time I could have demanded it and no doubt would have been paid but once I was at the new site.....tooo late. :'(

Surveyors_mato

« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2006, 04:09 »
BeerCourt hit the nail on the head.  Its site contract specific.  Here's one for you.

I worked Monday through Friday prior to Memorial Day on one Bartlett project.  They needed me on a different one on the Tuesday after Memorial Day so I drove across country over the holiday weekend.  Started Tuesday and didn't get paid for the holiday because I wasn't billable to either project on Monday. My site coordinator was Ed Carl and he's always taken care of me but he couldn't do anything about it.  Chalked that one up as a learning experience.  If I had thought about it ahead of time I could have demanded it and no doubt would have been paid but once I was at the new site.....tooo late. :'(

Damnit Man! That's just wrong on so many levels. What ever happened to employer gratitude?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?