Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Verne B. Wurtz

Author Topic: Verne B. Wurtz  (Read 11454 times)

irishfan

Verne B. Wurtz
« on: Dec 26, 2005, 10:10 »
Hi everyone I have a message to let you know that my dad lost his long battle with cancer last night.  He was surrounded by his family and passed away in his sleep.  He made it through Christmas like he wanted.  Peace to you all and remember all of the good times with Verne.
Cathy Borths (Wurtz)

The visitation will be on Thursday, Dec. 29, from 5-8 PM, at the Hoven Funeral Home, Buchanan, MI. 
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2005, 07:34 by irishfan »

Offline Duct-Tape

• Light User
  • Silence is golden, Duct-Tape is silver.
Re: Verne B. Wurtz
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2005, 09:16 »
Sorry to hear about your father Cathy.  I see he made it through Christmas for you.  Hope everything else is going well for you and Joe considering your families loss at this very important time of the year.  Take care, God Bless!  MSM   a.k.a.  (smokes in the breakroom)
So you wanabe a HP...

Offline loravob

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2005, 09:40 »
Cathy, I'm so sorry to hear about your father.  You are in my prayers.
God Bless you.    Roys

Jr8black3

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2005, 12:48 »
So sorry for you and the rest of your family. I remember Verne from the old Hydro days. Hun we had lots of fun, I'll never forget his smile. I remember when ya'll lived out on the schmaltzt farm, I know you were little then.

Verne, was a great guy that brought hapiness to everybody around him..

Cathy, you and your family are in our prayers.

Kevin & Mary Ott

vikingfan

« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2005, 11:36 »
cathy,

Sorry to hear about the loss of you father. I worked with vern at ANO in 1992 and also at Battelle Labs. He will be missed by all who had the furtune to have met and worked with him.

god bless to you and your family

James Jablonski

JJ

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2005, 11:53 »
Cathy,

My heart goes out to you and your family for your loss. I was deeply saddened to hear of the loss of your father. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong.

pat Hoppe
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

nugent_oh

« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2006, 11:02 »
sorry to hear about verne's passing. i worked with him at battele and clinton. he was a great person. rip and may god be with you

Offline Laning

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2006, 02:30 »
Cathy,

Condolences on the loss of your father. I worked with him a few times over the years first with Hydro Nuclear then many years later at Battelle in Columbus. It's been quite a few years since I' d seen him, but my memory is of him smiling...respirator ring on his face and all.

Best Regards,

Eric Laning
If you're gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough

Offline Jill

• Senior HP, everybodies whippin' biach, the list goes on...
  • Light User
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2006, 01:21 »
Cathy,
I am sorry to hear about your dad.  I also remember him back when I started in the business at Cook and then had the pleasure of working with him again at Battelle.  It was always nice to run into someone from "home" when you are out on the road and to get caught up on "local gossip"!  I never seem him have a bad day and he always had something nice to say to me and always made me laugh and smile.  He was a great guy to work with and will be missed by many.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  Take care.

Jill Harrell

irishfan

« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2006, 04:48 »
Thank you all for the prayers and kind words about my dad.  I miss him
a lot and is good to know how much he was liked out there. 
And, yes Kevin that WAS a long time ago! :)  I remember you from the plant not from back then. 
Cathy

shough

« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2006, 07:48 »
Cathy,

I'm so sorry to hear that your dad has passed away.  I remember that outage in 1990 that seemed like it would never end, Verne kept smiles on everyone that was on the backshift's face.

Take Care,

Steve Hough

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #11 on: Jan 30, 2006, 12:46 »
Cathy,
My condolences. I hated to hear about Verne's passing. He was a great guy. He helped me keep my head above water more than once back at Cook in the old Hydro days. I was just a kid and he was the only thing between me and a pink slip now and then. Let me know if you need anything.

Floyd Flanigan

Offline TE

• Light User
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2006, 09:16 »
I worked with Verne at Battelle Labs. He was the nicest man. He will be missed. God bless,
Tasha
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." Dr. Martin Luther King

druryv

« Reply #13 on: Feb 27, 2007, 08:04 »
I worked with verne at battelle and enjoyed him alot he was fun to be around and a good worker

WE WILL MISS HIM

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?