Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Harry Bond honeypot

Author Topic: Harry Bond  (Read 4349 times)

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
Harry Bond
« on: Jan 14, 2003, 05:49 »
Should have made it years ago. He worked mostly east coast. Cigar smokin old man. Gruff but decent. Passed away late 80's early 90's? Anyone know for sure?
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2004, 01:48 by Rennhack »
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

fluxmama

Re: Harry Bond
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2003, 05:58 »
Phurst,
Harry died at Millville hospital in New Jersey in, I believe, 1990.  We went to see him a couple of days before.  He was very calm.  His sister had come to be with him, so he wasn't alone.  He seemed to enjoy our visit, and we talked about the plant for a while.  His sister said that several people Harry worked with had come to see him, and it made him feel good.  

ex-turbine_cowboy

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2003, 07:41 »
Next Time I have a bottle of Peach Schnapps in the Car I will pull over on a lonely turn out at sunrise to raise a toast to the sungod in memory of Harry.  

nuke103

« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2005, 01:03 »
I knew Harry for many years while he worked at Salem from 1981 on. I had the pleasure to be a regular visitor and friend to Harry during his final days. I'll bet I've got information few of you know about. Harry married his "'Doll" (his nickname for her) in the guest room of Millville Hospital about a month before he died. There were just a few people present, but I do believe it was one of his happiest moments ever.

He was very alert, inspite of being overtaken by cancer. He died quietly in the middle of the night. While we knew he was going to die, we did not expect it the night he slipped away. I left around 10:00 the night before, and did not think that would be the last time I talked to him. There wasn't any indication that he would be gone within hours. His biggest ongoing complaint was that he couldn't smoke his beloved cigar while in the room because of the oxygen. (not to say that he didn't try to sneak one).  He did however still enjoy his cup of coffee right to the end.

He passed away around 4:00 AM. We do know that he was alive within a couple of hours of that because a nurse said that he smiled and waved as she passed his room around 2:00 AM. (Harry always was a nightperson!)

Unless you liked to work nightshift, not many people got to know him well. But underneath that gruffness, there was a kind, caring, and decent man that left many memories hehind. I think of him often...and am thankful that I had the pleasure to be a part of his life in the end.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?