Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Medical Insurance  

Poll

How much does your employer contribute toward your insurance, and how much will they give you in cash for declining it?

Zero/Zero
12 (30%)
<$300 per month/Nothing
4 (10%)
<$300 per month/All of it
0 (0%)
$300-750/Nothing
10 (25%)
$300-750/$1-300 per month
0 (0%)
$300-750 per month/>$300 per month
3 (7.5%)
>$750/Nothing
4 (10%)
>$750/$1-300 per month
2 (5%)
>$750/$300-750 per month
0 (0%)
>$750 per month/>$750 per month
0 (0%)
Other (please specify)
5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Medical Insurance  (Read 28860 times)

Offline desertdog

• Moderate User
Re: Medical Insurance
« Reply #25 on: Dec 30, 2009, 02:25 »
Thanks for all the info and I want to r-energize this thread with any updates. Who has their own private health care, from who, how much, and are they any good? I looked on-line in a search and the range is wide and difficult to navigate.

I have been using Medical Mutual through my local Farm Bureau.  ~$72/ year dues gives me access to this insurance.  It's the only reason I'm a member.  Used to be Nationwide Insurance but switched in the last couple of years.

$2500/year deductible and $30 copay.  They pay for one physical plus bloodwork each year.  The drug plan pays 50% on most meds.  Individual plan costs me ~$130/month whether I'm working or not. I am in my late 30s and a non-smoker.

I used to have an individual plan with Blue Cross until I found out the limitations.  Pretty much no good unless you're in a hospital bed; ie no outpatient therapy!  This Medical Mutual is supposed to be very thorough after the deductible is met.  I have been quite healthy and have not tested the policy out in any way to prove it.

Hope that helps if you are still looking.

Fermi2

« Reply #26 on: Dec 30, 2009, 02:58 »
After spending 20 years in the military no reasonable person could say you're screwing the taxpayer out of anything.

We have quite a few retirees where I work and many use their military coverage as their primary coverage. They opt out of the company provided coverage for which they get some sort of monetary compensation.

Mike

Offline ChiefRocscooter

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #27 on: Dec 30, 2009, 09:01 »
I'm starting my new career next month after 21 years in the Navy, and the heath insurance stuff is giving me fits!

How did you retired military people handle your medical insurance when you got out?  I've heard some not too positive stuff about medical facilities accepting the Tricare Prime program, especially in areas where there wasn't a large concentration of military people.

I use my company dental (beat out retired dental by a long shot) but only use Tricare prime for medical.  If you have another coverage then Tricare will always be secondary and the issues get messy after that.  I have been retired almost 3 years and have had no problems in that time using Tri care.  In fact some people at work and civ friends wish they had my coverage.

PS I live in an area with very little military but had no problem finding providers.  Any question feel free to PM me

Rob
Being adept at being adaptable I look forward to every new challenge!

Fermi2

« Reply #28 on: Dec 31, 2009, 10:38 »
Chief Rob,

Are you going up for a License yet?

pittbull29

« Reply #29 on: Jun 17, 2010, 08:17 »
I may be wrong but it looks like what Obama has done is require everyone to "purchase" healtcare insurance or be fined.  The only people that are going to get any financial help is the ones taking advantage of the system already anyway.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #30 on: Jun 18, 2010, 01:46 »
I may be wrong but it looks like what Obama has done is require everyone to "purchase" healtcare insurance or be fined.  The only people that are going to get any financial help is the ones taking advantage of the system already anyway.

Political rants go in the Poli Sci section.  Please try to stay focused on the topic at hand.

That goes for you too MARSSIM.  And YOU know better.
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2010, 01:47 by Rennhack »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?