Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Statistical humor honeypot

Author Topic: Statistical humor  (Read 1715 times)

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
Statistical humor
« on: Jan 21, 2006, 02:14 »
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
  (B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
  (C ) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.

Now think about this:
Guns:
(A) The number of gun owners in the U..S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that’s 80 million…)
  (B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
  (C ) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188.
Statistics courtesy of FBI.

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, “Guns don’t kill people, doctors do.”

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand! Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention.
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

alphadude

Re: Statistical humor
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2006, 05:02 »
dont forget the most deadly device-the automobile!

FYI the accidental death report for guns is based on ME codes. The rate goes up went integrated with ""unintentional" firearm death!" vs accidental- two methods of accounting -typcial gov't
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2006, 05:04 by alphadude »

Austria

Re: Statistical humor
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2006, 05:49 »
I've often wondered what toothpaste the 5th dentist recommended. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?