Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Donna Freeman honeypot

Author Topic: Donna Freeman  (Read 21445 times)

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
Donna Freeman
« on: Jan 09, 2006, 05:45 »
I am writing this for a friend. She asked me to post information on Donna Freeman. Donna was a House Tech for awhile at ANO. She is currently a Road Tech. She had been diagnosed with biliary cancer while working at one of the nuclear sites in Florida. She had an 8-hour surgery on January 4th, that doctors had recommended to her. Since then, she has had numerous heart attacks and is in critical condition. She is in the ICU at UAMS (University of Arkansas Medical Sciences) Hospital, in Little Rock, Ark. Any questions can be directed to Cathy Buffington at 865-591-9946.

A fellow nuclear worker is in bad shape and needs all the prayers and well-wishes she can get from all of you. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
                                                                                           Thanks, Dave

Offline St Raphael

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: Donna Freeman
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2006, 03:05 »
Dave
Thank you so much for passing on the news about Donna. We were just in Arkansas for my triplet sister's son - my nephew's funeral who died on Christmas Day in Russellville.  We will contact Cathy Buffington - we understand that she has up to the moment information on Donna.  All our family is praying for Donna.  We have contacted many friends who have contacted their church families and friends.  There are many prayers being said in Donna's behalf, as well as for her family.  Thanks Dave... thanks so much.   Love Charlie and Mary
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2006, 10:43 by straphael »
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, Not because they never found it, But because they didn't stop to enjoy it."  -- William Faulkner (1897-1962)

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2006, 04:55 »
Just to let all of you know that Donna Freeman had a fairly good night last night.  Her first in seveal days.  Keep her in your prayers.
Cathy Buffington

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2006, 08:11 »
Charlie and Mary, You are very welcome. In August, I lost my father in a short period of time, from the point of diagnosis. I just hope that her friends and family might see these posts and be able to go see her and give her hope to carry on in this life. The smallest ray of comfort can carry a human a long way and aid in recovery. God bless her and all of her loved ones.
                     Dave

Offline cairnit

• Moderate User
  • I love my job........
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2006, 09:20 »
Sorry to hear about Donna. I worked with Donna a few times, most recently at Oconee SGRs. I just got a holiday e-mail from her and this is just shocking to me to hear this news.

All my Love and prayers.

Penny

Offline St Raphael

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2006, 10:43 »
Dave

God has taken many of his choice angels home... you with the loss of your father Dave... and us with the loss of three family members in a five month period... because we all have been so close to death and illness so recently I feel so connected and close to God and to be sending out as many prayers as we can to Donna at this time, we continually hold her up in prayer and all her family...  Donna we love and am praying for you always... Charlie and Mary
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, Not because they never found it, But because they didn't stop to enjoy it."  -- William Faulkner (1897-1962)

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2006, 04:32 »
Update on Donna Freeman.   She has had three restful nights now.  She has not had any more heart attacks in the last few days.  They have used a dyalis (spelling) machine on her for the last couple of days and it is getting rid of a lot of the fluid.  Her daughter said she was looking better and had a good color to her when I spoke with her last night.
I will continue to try and keep every one updated on how she is doing. 
Cathy Buffington

Offline lonelylady

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2006, 03:37 »
I hope Donna keeps improving. I first met her in 89 when our daughters played softball together, and then also worked at ANO with her. She's a great tech to work with.  My prayers are with Donna and her family. 

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2006, 04:58 »
Update on Donna Freeman,  She is doing much better and improving every day.  They are waiting for her to wake up now.  That was the news that I got last night..
Cathy

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2006, 10:16 »
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Donna passed away this morning after suffering another heart attack through the night.

Please keep Donna's family in your prayers.
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2006, 02:56 »
When I find out the funeral arrangements I will put them on Nuke Worker.  Donna was a wonderful person and a very dear friend of mine.  I will miss her very much.
Cathy

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2006, 05:03 »
Donna Freeman will be at Humphreys Funeral Home in Russellville, Ar. Grave side service will be held at Owens Cemetary on Sunday at 3 P.M.
She will be missed by all.
Cathy

RhondaArmer

Donna Freeman
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2006, 09:19 »
Donna Freeman passed away Thursday Jan 19,2006. Donna had worked as an H.P. tech for 20 something years, she had been a house tech at ANO and most recently went on the road. Donna is my best friend she is the one that gave me the strength to survive this industry she is my back bone. I have lost a big part of my life. Donna meant the world to a great number of people. we will miss her dearly.

Offline Rad_Toy

• RP TECH
  • Light User
  • Lovin life on the road !!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2006, 09:32 »
We have known Donna years, and worked many a SGRP'S together.  A very sad day.. She will be missed by many people.
  Kenny & Sue
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2006, 10:03 by Nuclear NASCAR »

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2006, 05:43 »
If any one would like to send donations to help cover expenses for Donna please send them to  Skye Thompson,  1210 North Nashville Place,  Russellville,  Ar.  72801.  Donna did not have burial ins.  This would help her family out during their time of grief. 
She will be missed by many, any one that has ever worked with her knows how hard of a worker she was and how caring she was with every one.  Donna will be cremated, and they will just have the grave side service for her family and friends to attend.  She will be remembered by many and loved by all.

Jr8black3

« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2006, 07:18 »
Mary and I worked with Donna at ANO in 87 and 88, she was a wonderful person. We had a lot of fun working with her. She always brought smiles to everybodies faces even on a bad day, seems she always knew what to say at the right time to make a bad day a good day.

We send our prayers to Donnas family in time of sadness.

Kevin & Mary Ott

maggie352000

« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2006, 12:03 »
Donna was a good friend of mine. She was such a wonderful person. She always put her problems aside to listen to yours. She loved her shoes. Ans she always loved her friends. She is missed terribly.

Margaret

unowho

« Reply #17 on: Jan 22, 2006, 04:09 »
donna was a good hearted soul though we lost contact her for several years. i will never forget when she was first a pipefitter!! rock on donna

basketlady

« Reply #18 on: Jan 23, 2006, 09:57 »
I worked with Donna at Oconee's SGRs. I've always gotten ribbed about the number of things on my landyard....but Donna had me by a mile. She was a very sweet person. I can still see her smile.

ageoldtech

« Reply #19 on: Jan 24, 2006, 03:13 »
I know she's in a better place, but she will be missed by those of us left behind. "See you soon Donna".

vinman

« Reply #20 on: Jan 25, 2006, 03:34 »
Donna will be missed very much.  She always had a kind word to say about anybody.  I only knew her a short time and she will be missed.  GOD BLESS HER.

Vinnie Samuels

vclements

« Reply #21 on: Jan 26, 2006, 04:56 »
Donna will be missed by all.  She was a sweetheart and had a beautiful personality.

Vicki A. Clements

Offline tevya

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 30, 2006, 09:16 »
Hey, first time in forum, but felt I needed to add to the things remembered about Donna.
    Knew her as a tech and as a sister-in-law (and, unfortunately, as an ex-sister-in-law).  As a tech, like others mentioned, she was hard working and consciencious (sp?).  Everyone I've ever met, that ever worked with her, liked her.  I'm in Pearl Harbor at the shipyard now where she and Clay "tested the waters" a few years back. She was only here a very few months waiting for her RCT class to start, so I'm amazed at how many people here have asked about her passing, expressing their sorrow for the lost of such a sweetheart.  That says a lot, it seems the techs over here usually make it a point not to take in new people, especially "commercial road-techs" (that ALOHA stuff pretty much stops at the airport and downtown hotels). 
     And Donna was just as sweet and likeable outside the concrete walls.  She was the only one of my dear brother's list of other halves that I enjoyed being around.  My parents took her in as real family and we all sincerely grieve her passing.  Ma/pa got to visit Donna in Arkansas and had the opportunity to meet her daughters and many of her friends.  They told me then that Donna was a special blessing for everyone she met.  They made a special trip not too long ago to visit her at Oconee - I don't believe they've kept track of any of Clay's other ex's!  She will be missed, she will always be loved.
Mike Elliott

arnold_ziffel

« Reply #23 on: Feb 01, 2006, 11:36 »
     Donna was one-of-a-kind in her life at home and work. She and I met at Oconee and quickly became friends. She was outspoken, outgoing, funny and an asset as a technician and as a person to have around. Workers knew she looked out for them and tried very hard to do the right thing to keep from disappointing her.
     We had deep conversations at work, the Tiki Hut and the Huddle House and never had a chat where we didn't laugh (usually until our sides hurt). I was honored to attend her funeral services in Arkansas and noted that over 100 people came out in 40 degree rainy weather to be there for her. I think that says volumes about how she touched the hearts and lives of those she was around.
     Donna loved to talk, to dance and she loved people. I know she's in a peaceful place and I feel the void left by her passing as I know many others do. She was my best friend and I miss her.

Don Ragan

elijahblue1

« Reply #24 on: Feb 05, 2006, 12:17 »
Donna was one of my oldest and dearest friends. We met at my first outage in Arkansas in 1981. We remained close friends all of these years. I still feel like I will come home and have a message on my machine that she is home and we need to get together. I will miss her smile, her voice, her encouragement, her unbounding ability to see the good in any situation, and her ability to bring people together. Donna, where ever you are, Keep on Dancin.

Carol Patterson (Heathcoat)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?