Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Pay rates honeypot

Author Topic: Pay rates  (Read 131237 times)

Offline tymekeeper

• Light User
Re: Jr. HP/RCT Pay Scale
« Reply #100 on: Oct 18, 2010, 09:00 »
Sooooo......was wondering if anyone ever found out what the pay rates for housetechs at Salem/Hope Creek were?  :-\ How do they compare to contactor rates? ???

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #101 on: Oct 19, 2010, 07:09 »
I am wondering too ? what is the IBEW doing for supplemental workers at Salem/Hope Creek ?  Maybe you should vote in the other guys...NPUA,  They might actually represent you !

atomicarcheologist

Re: Pay rates
« Reply #102 on: Dec 15, 2011, 01:14 »
So, after a couple of years, how are the hourly wages for HP techs doing?  Going up, down, or sideways?  Road techs, utility house techs, disposal site techs, DOE techs, all are welcome to reply.   ;)

Offline Radiationman85

• Light User
« Reply #103 on: Dec 15, 2011, 02:39 »
We Hanford house Sr. HPTs are making 37ph with a pay increase in April putting the pay at about 39ph. Lead techs make an additional 5% and supervisors 10%

Offline Radiationman85

• Light User
« Reply #104 on: Dec 15, 2011, 02:46 »
Hanford Jr HPs start at 26ph and ends at 33ph. After that there is a 2 step increase for SR pay currently at 37ph and every year there is a 4% increase in pay. Leads make an additional 5% and supervisors 10%. Oh and a trainee with a DOE core and no experience starts at 23ph.(trainee jobs are hard to find however)

Offline pbooth

• Light User
« Reply #105 on: Dec 18, 2011, 09:50 »

Pick your sites wisely and to be a JR, these days is very hard, not only wage wise also trying to get your time in. But it's a lot better wage wise than it used to be. pbooth

Offline nickscott13

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #106 on: Dec 19, 2011, 11:38 »
It sucks to get started in RP unless you have a connection.  Lately it seems like as long as you know an RPM or a supervisor somewhere you can start as a JR with absolutely no nuclear history.  Then you can sit at a SOP with a chip on your shoulder like you are someone despite the fact you dont know anything.  (seen too many of them lately.)  If you want to be an RP, and you actually WANT to be good at your job, just take whatever JR jobs you can get.  In my experience, if you work hard, show people you want to learn, do your job and keep your mouth shut, do the resume builder jobs, and have a good attitude, then work will come find you.  In the last 3 years I have met and worked with way too many JRs that feel entitled because they know someone, yet they dont want to work or prove that they are worth much more than the chair they sit on at the SOP.  Just my opinion.  Work hard, ask questions, prove you want to learn, and have a good attitude and you will be fine. (with that being said, if you run into that SR who feels the need to treat you like a POS because they think they are still in high school and they are the senior and you are the freshman, well, feel free to tell them off)

Nick

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #107 on: Dec 19, 2011, 11:58 »
 Radiationman85, thanks for your comments.  That's the information I was looking for on this thread.  It would appear that my post last week got deleted in the shortening of this old thread by the moderator (kudos to you, tell Mike you deserve a raise!), which I think was done to bring the new data in against the old.
pbooth & nickscott13, while your opinions are valid they belong elsewhere.  We need money numbers here and other stuff really does detract. 

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #108 on: Dec 19, 2011, 12:11 »
 Radiationman85, again, thanks for your input.  It would appear as though there are now duplicate threads running now!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #109 on: Dec 19, 2011, 10:19 »
Radiationman85, again, thanks for your input.  It would appear as though there are now duplicate threads running now!

Link to the other, and ask Marlin or NN to merge them.
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2011, 05:31 by Rennhack »

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #110 on: Dec 20, 2011, 10:55 »
Steering this thread gently back to course... is the listed wages for Jr and Sr HPs at Hanford par for the power plant industry?
What's pay like in DOE?
What's pay like at disposal sites?
What's pay like at .......?

PS   Thanks, Narlin. ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2011, 10:56 by Atomic Archeologist »

Offline nickscott13

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #111 on: Dec 20, 2011, 11:11 »
Ah, yes pay rates.  I just became an 18.1 last spring.  While I was on the road working commercial as a JR, you could expect anywhere from $14.50 - 21.50 per hour depending on your classifacation as a JR.  Jrs < 6 mos normally 14-16.  Jrs 6-12 mos normally 14-18.  Jrs > 1 year, normally 16-22.  This of course is the traveling rate with whatever the contract gives for per diem included.  It really just depends on the plant.  For example, Point Beach has a structured JR scale like what I mentioned above, but St. Lucie pays 15 no matter your time.  It also depends on if the plant takes 18.1s or not.  You just have to do your homework.  Talk to the recruiter.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #112 on: Dec 20, 2011, 11:23 »
pay for house techs at DOE SRR SRS seems to be aobut 32ish top senior.

moochiebubble

« Reply #113 on: Dec 20, 2011, 01:05 »
Yes , pay here at Sandia @ 32$ with full bennies ( no diem ) 

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #114 on: Dec 22, 2011, 02:35 »
We Hanford house Sr. HPTs are making 37ph with a pay increase in April putting the pay at about 39ph. Lead techs make an additional 5% and supervisors 10%
any hiring in the near future?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #115 on: Dec 24, 2011, 02:55 »
Pay rates here at Columbia are $38.06 for Techs and $40.91 for Leads.  Annual raises depends on the contract year (3-4%).............and thanks to our 180 day outage (that was supposed to be 70) you wont find a Tech who hasn't made at least $140,000 this year.  Some of us lucky folks have made $160,000+  :D

P.S.  You're welcome Uncle Sam (jerk)
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline sscone

• Moderate User
« Reply #116 on: Dec 26, 2011, 05:19 »
Pay rates here at Columbia are $38.06 for Techs and $40.91 for Leads.  Annual raises depends on the contract year (3-4%).............and thanks to our 180 day outage (that was supposed to be 70) you wont find a Tech who hasn't made at least $140,000 this year.  Some of us lucky folks have made $160,000+  :D

P.S.  You're welcome Uncle Sam (jerk)
Any chance they maybe hiring any time soon?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #118 on: Jan 04, 2012, 03:59 »
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,27349.msg154267.html#msg154267
While I didn't have a chance to read every post on this referenced thread, I did scan them and didn't see any amounts that would reference pay rates on the site.  So, I'm wondering why HydroDave63 would post this information on this thread, bored and trying to stir a pot?  Or potted and trying to stir a bore? 

Content1

« Reply #119 on: Jan 24, 2014, 10:33 »
You can expect $22-$25 hour,$80 -$100 per diem a day, $1-$3 an hour in bonus's.

There are a few exceptions as a contract tech ,bonus's at  dc cook are $3000-$3500 ,diem at ip2 and pilgram are around $135 a day.Fermi,millstone,and i think fitz may have given some good bouns's in the past can't say now.
Duke power pays the lowest in the country!
I thought slave wages in the south had been abolished ,but I guess not in the DUKE SYSTEM!
Florida plants, dc cook,wolf creek,clinton,and of course diablo pay the best hourly wages.

Good luck with that whole contract hp thing.

This is a quote from a very old post of seven years ago.  I saw in Ohio at Perry today posted the wage for a senior tech is $25/hour.  It seems with the minimum wage going up to $10/hour, a senior tech wage has not changed much while inflation has.  Is this makings of the slow death of our industry, with wage deceleration?

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #120 on: Jan 24, 2014, 09:33 »
well come two the reel whirld. pay rates jumped inn the 80s n bin creeping since.

Content1

« Reply #121 on: Jan 24, 2014, 10:55 »
If that is the case give another 30 years and the pay will equal the minimum wage.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #122 on: Jan 25, 2014, 11:01 »
pritty sure minimum wage increases will swallow hp wage rates before then.

Content1

« Reply #123 on: Jan 25, 2014, 11:52 »
Once the wage is close to the minimum wage, Mc Donalds will starting raiding the HP tech pool.

Content1

« Reply #124 on: Jan 25, 2014, 12:00 »
Once the wage is close to the minimum wage, Mc Donalds will starting raiding the HP tech pool.

Candidates:
Must be in PADS system and have worked in a commercial power plant within the last year, and have current NUF RP certification.
Must be able to carry 50 pounds.
Wear protective clothing in hot or cold environments.
Must be able to climb ladders.
Must be able to pass all required site specific exams.
Must be physically fit to be able to wear respiratory equipment

If the Senior HP tech could do all this and worked at a NPP with NUF during the last year, why would they settle for such a wage?  It sounds like they should be happy with whatever they can get for this wage.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?