Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu EEI CAST, POSS, MASS, TECH and SO/PD tests  

Author Topic: EEI CAST, POSS, MASS, TECH and SO/PD tests  (Read 300635 times)

M1Ark

Re: Mass / Poss question
« Reply #25 on: Oct 29, 2006, 05:48 »
Th55,

You failed the MASS test not the MMPI.  I've never heard of anyone failing the MMPI without an interview with the shrink. 

M1Ark

th55

« Reply #26 on: Oct 29, 2006, 09:10 »
Ok, what is the  MMPI? and what is its purpose?

Fermi2

« Reply #27 on: Oct 29, 2006, 10:07 »
"Once in a facility you have to take it every so many years, if you show any abberations you have to talk with a shrink. "

Not necessarily; I have not had to retake it since I went house a couple decades ago...

HP/RP Techs don't have to since they aren't considered to have the skills and pant knowledge to damage or sabotage a plant. Key maintenance people and Operator have to take it.

Mike

Fermi2

« Reply #28 on: Oct 29, 2006, 10:09 »
Ok, what is the  MMPI? and what is its purpose?

Its a Personality Inventory thats designed to catch you in a lie. Its supposed to measure stability of personality to determine your trustworthyness. Utilities use it as an indicator of whether you are stable enough to hire.

Mike

Offline tigger

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #29 on: Oct 30, 2006, 01:17 »
My immeditate thoughts after taking the test was worring about this psyche part. Unfortunatly, a few weeks after I took the test, I found this web site and has since figured out that most likely the "math" is what got me.  It was the only section that I did not finish, all the others I was able to finish, go back and double check, at least most of my answers.

[/quote]

I did not complete the math portion either. THey go based on number correct of the number you answered. Or that is how it was explained to me. They, being the ones helping get the job, told me to answer what I knew, then go back and answer what ever else I could. I completed all but the math section and qualified for all the areas they test for. And I am horrible at math.
What were you apllying for that you had to take the POSS and MMPI? Some sites require employees to see the shrink when getting hired in. I was told that due to the job I was being hired for, even though I had just takent he MMPI as a contractor, I had to take it again and visit the shrink. Great fun that was. He had flagged 3 questions. Does the sight of blood bother you? I answered no, and he wanted to know why. Do you frequently get up during the night? I answered yes, and he wanted to know why. And I can't remember the last question.

Good luck to you in what you are trying to get hired for. It will all work out in time.

hml

« Reply #30 on: Oct 31, 2006, 09:07 »
Another web site that you can take practice tests on is

http://www.eei.org/practicetests/

The login is constellation and the password is energy. You can take the following practice tests: CAST, TECH, SO/PD, MASS, and POSS.

They are decent tests and will go over the answers with you at the end in detail. For those of you who don't like the math portion it would be very helpful. They explain step by step  how to reach the correct answer. There isn't any type of psych questions on this site. If you want more information on the MMPI though, try this website:

http://www.falseallegations.com/mmpi-bw.htm

More information than you would ever want to know, but very useful. And RP/HP techs are not excluded form taking this test (though you may think so at times!!)

th55

« Reply #31 on: Nov 05, 2006, 08:44 »
I applied for and ICE technician position and it was for a fossil plant.   The EEI practice test that I reviewed prior to taking the test was scaled down from what the actual test was like... there were many more conversions and more possible answers on the real test, plus a "not listed" answer or "none of the above" to help you miss some.   

Another tricky thing that I remember about the test that got my attention was the answer sheets were different, the fill in the dots patterns were identical, but they were numbered differently. 

jbenline

Re: POSS Test Help.
« Reply #32 on: Feb 25, 2007, 12:17 »
I am taking POSS Test for the Second time next week. Is it better to guess at all questions or leave the ones you are sure you don't know (mostly MATH) blank. Of course I got no feed back from company.

Fermi2

« Reply #33 on: Feb 25, 2007, 12:42 »
Most companies don't give feedback to those who failed. When I was at DTE they graded the exam within an hour. Those who failed were on a plane out that day.

When I took it at SCE in 1990 they told me I'd only find out if I passed. Oh by the way, I'm NOT sure how SCE does it now but then they'd rent a hotel conference room in an area and give the test to those people in that region. ALSO they'd let you take the exam no matter how you were dressed BUT if you didn't show up in a tie as the minimum they'd throw your test and application away as soon as you left. Two guys on my boat showed up in T shirts and jeans. When they left I  saw the HR Supervisor there say thank you for your interest, then simply shred their stuff when they left. When I handed mine in she said to tell my buddies that when one applies for a job they're selling themselves from the minute they walk into the facility. I ended up getting offers for interviews from their Radcon, Chemistry and Ops departments. They were offering a ridiculously LOW amount to Southern California, especially since Fermi had already offered me 3 an hour above SCE. I heard they changed their entry rate soon thereafter.

On the OTHER hand, when SONGs1 closes a few years later a LOT of guys who were in the class I would have been in showed up at Fermi looking for a job. By that time I was well on my way to becoming an SRO so I'm glad I didn't go to SONGs.  My wife and I did like the area though.

Mike

thenuttyneutron

« Reply #34 on: Feb 25, 2007, 08:48 »
Most companies don't give feedback to those who failed. When I was at DTE they graded the exam within an hour. Those who failed were on a plane out that day.

I agree with you about appearance.  When I took it at SCE in 1990 they told me I'd only find out if I passed. Oh by the way, I'm NOT sure how SCE does it now but then they'd rent a hotel conference room in an area and give the test to those people in that region. ALSO they'd let you take the exam no matter how you were dressed BUT if you didn't show up in a tie as the minimum they'd throw your test and application away as soon as you left. Two guys on my boat showed up in T shirts and jeans. When they left I  saw the HR Supervisor there say thank you for your interest, then simply shred their stuff when they left. When I handed mine in she said to tell my buddies that when one applies for a job they're selling themselves from the minute they walk into the facility. I ended up getting offers for interviews from their Radcon, Chemistry and Ops departments. They were offering a ridiculously LOW amount to Southern California, especially since Fermi had already offered me 3 an hour above SCE. I heard they changed their entry rate soon thereafter.

On the OTHER hand, when SONGs1 closes a few years later a LOT of guys who were in the class I would have been in showed up at Fermi looking for a job. By that time I was well on my way to becoming an SRO so I'm glad I didn't go to SONGs.  My wife and I did like the area though.

Mike

I agree with this post about dressing for the interview.  I don't know what was said about the people I took the test with back in the summer of 2005 at Davis-Besse.   I do know that only one other guy who took the test with me got hired.  Both of us had dressed in suits/ties.  I saw many others show up with just tee shirts and cut off jeans.  I later found out that well over 100 people took the test and only 17 operators were hired.  This seems to be a very low selection rate even if some did not accept offers.  Passing the test and dressing for a job interview seem to be both equally important.
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2007, 09:01 by Nutty Neutron »

NessaNuke

How is the POSS graded?
« Reply #35 on: Apr 16, 2007, 10:54 »
I feel so stupid!  >:( I took the POSS, feeling pretty confident on the subject matter, and I failed it! :'( I NEED to pass this thing.  :D It was my first time and I am going to work on speed drills to get ready to take it again. I didn't know wrong answers count against you!. How many do I need to get right to pass each section?

I am new to this website. I am so glad there is a place to find out all of this stuff. I'm in the Navy EM1 served on a carrier 4 yrs. getting out on october, have a bachelors from thomas edison and i will have my MSM from Embry riddle U. by October. I am trying to get into Port St. Lucie and I know no one so anything you guys can tell me will help and will be truly appreciated.

Fermi2

Re: How is the POSS graded?
« Reply #36 on: Apr 16, 2007, 11:03 »
1: You have to answer a set amount of questions before that section will even be graded.

2: You have to get a certain number correct. If you don't get criteria 1 complete then criteria 2 doesn't matter.

Mike

cplhendon

EEI Exam In Dayton, TN - This Saturday For Watts Bar
« Reply #37 on: Apr 30, 2007, 09:53 »
Hello Ladies and Gents!

I'd first like to introduce myself, and thank you all for the information that you all share on this forum.  My name is Michael, and I'm 2 weeks away from exiting the United States Marines, after a 5 year obligation.  I'm from Jasper, TN, and have been invited to take EEI this weekend (May 5th), in Dayton, TN.

I'M STRESSING OUT!   >:(

I'm a pretty good test-taker, but my Math skills are a bit rusty!  I bought 2 ASVAB Prep books this weekend, but I only have the rest of this week to prepare.  I have taken the MASS and POSS Practice Tests and have done fairly well on both, but I'm just a bit discouraged since I have been told that they aren't quite as hard, and have much less Math than the actual test will. 

I'm not sure Math skills that the exam is looking for.  Is TVA looking for people who know formulas and operations in Algebra, or are they more concerned with being able to solve Basic Problems?

I'm sorry this might not make any sense, but I'm trying!  I just want to hear some opinions as to whether the Math portion of the exam is a wide range of Math, or simply an array of Algebra.

Thanks for any help, and Prayers are NEEDED!!!

Thanks again,
Michael
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 10:43 by cplhendon »

Fermi2

Its not what TVA is interested in, its whatever is on the EEI POSS Test. Some is Basic Math, problem solving, graph reading, basic algebra.

Also if you think you need prayers you best pick another industry. I prefer technical competence myself.

Mike

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
I'm a pretty good test-taker, but my Math skills are a bit rusty!  I bought 2 ASVAB Prep books this weekend, but I only have the rest of this week to prepare. 

If you are getting back up to speed with conversions and calculations, you will be in good shape. POSS doesn't require memorization of formulas (as well as I can remember), but does require timely use of the formulas that are given.

Thank you for your service. And I am not offended to offer prayers for a Marine Corps vet shooting for a career as a TVA worker. (BZ is getting grumpier as he ages, just ignore the mean stuff and wait for him to drop some useful advice. Between insults...)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

cplhendon

Thanks a million Guys.  I'm sure that I'm stressing over nothing, but I just want to make sure I'm studying the right materials to do well.  My wife and I just bought a home and this job opportunity has came at the best possible time for me to move and be financially stable.  Thanks again, and if you guys can think of any other tips it would be appreciated.

flamesafe

Mass/Poss question 2
« Reply #41 on: Jun 09, 2007, 07:51 »
I just took the Mass/Poss test today.  I'm not going to find out untill Monday if I passed.  I know I did excellent on the Reading Comp, charts and graphs, and general mechanics.  But on the math and assembly I left 1/3-1/4 of the questions unanswered.  Its not that I didn't know how to solve the problems, I just ran out of time.  Does anyone know how the test is graded?  I feel like I blew it.  Does anyone know if a person does excellent on 3 subjects but fair to poor on 2 others if they fail?  And what's poor anyways?  Because one is incapable of answering all 60 math questions in 22 minutes(including basic algebra, and convertions), or whatever is that poor? ???

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: Mass/Poss question 2
« Reply #42 on: Jun 09, 2007, 10:49 »
Don't worry about not finishing the whole test.  They're looking for a minimum number of problems to be finished and then your grade is based on the percentage correct of those finished.  Best of luck and let us know how what you hear Monday.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Fermi2

Re: Mass/Poss question 2
« Reply #43 on: Jun 09, 2007, 11:44 »
You have to pass all sections to pass the POSS. Also you have to get a minimum amount of questions complete in a section to get it graded.

Mike

ntp71

EEI Plant Operator Selection System (POSS) exam
« Reply #44 on: Oct 02, 2007, 06:51 »
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am seeking information on the EEI Plant Operator Selection System (POSS) exam such as where I can obtain study materials.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Neal

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
Re: EEI Plant Operator Selection System (POSS) exam
« Reply #45 on: Oct 02, 2007, 09:40 »
To start with, you can look here.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,7188.0.html

Welcome to NukeWorker 8)
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

ntp71

Re: EEI Plant Operator Selection System (POSS) exam
« Reply #46 on: Oct 02, 2007, 12:29 »
Thanks for your help PWHoppe, a simple answer to a simple question.

flamesafe

« Reply #47 on: Oct 13, 2007, 01:39 »
okay well sorry for the late notice but I failed the first test two months ago.  Now I'm going back today.  I have been studying a book called, Mechanical apititude an spatial relations tests.  I'll let you know how I did. :D

B.PRESGROVE

WOOOO!!! HHHOOOOO!!! POSS/MASS TEST FINALLY!!!!
« Reply #48 on: Nov 04, 2007, 08:19 »
THE FATEFUL DAY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!!!!!! ;D  Yes I am scheduled to take the POSS test on Monday the 5th of November!! Psalms 27:14.  I just thought I would let everyone know because of how much Ive been waiting for this day.  (feels like im getting married again  :o).  I have been doing the practice problems and feel that I am ready.  I took the test for security and passed it with no problems, so I hope I can do just as well on this test.  Next of course will be the interview and class starts on Jan 1 at Votgle.

Kev3399

Re: WOOOO!!! HHHOOOOO!!! POSS/MASS TEST FINALLY!!!!
« Reply #49 on: Nov 04, 2007, 11:04 »
Best of luck. I studied the practice problems and even did some extra credit with an ASVAB study guide.(The sections that mattered)

Its not so bad, just remember that there is easy stuff at the end of the math section. I know there are alot of versions of the POSS/MASS out there, so this might not apply to yours. Mine had easy algebra equations to solve at the end. I'm better at that than multiple unit conversions. I left a few conversions blank to get to the large number of easy stuff at the end of the section. Of course being able to finish them all would be best.  :)  All the other sections seemed to have more than enough time to complete with reasonable haste.

Good Luck!!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?