Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu EEI CAST, POSS, MASS, TECH and SO/PD tests

Author Topic: EEI CAST, POSS, MASS, TECH and SO/PD tests  (Read 300628 times)

codybuehler

Re: EEI CAST, POSS, MASS, TECH and SO/PD test s
« Reply #75 on: Feb 17, 2008, 10:42 »
that's reassuring news!  I get my results in about a week, but until than i'll be anxious!  In the mean time, i have an I&C helper test to study for! weeee!!

Thank you much for the replies!

Fermi2

« Reply #76 on: Feb 17, 2008, 10:50 »
The key to being a great I+C Tech is learning to say "Are you SURE you want me to do this?" in such a tone that the SRO you're talking to gets scared and sends you back to the shop while your work order is "reevaluated" for plant impact. :)

codybuehler

« Reply #77 on: Feb 17, 2008, 12:10 »
That's awesome.  I did a 10 week co-op and i did notice some of that.  What fascinated me most was how a typically 20 minute job took over 8 hours to complete just because of the paperwork.  I Love this field!!

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #78 on: Feb 19, 2008, 12:17 »
Hey cody who are you tryin to get the job with?  Just curious cause I have a friend who just took the test last week and waiting for the results from Southern.  I hope you pass and get on with whoever your trying to hire with.  Im just waiting now for an interview and hopefully hire date.  Fingures are crossed.

codybuehler

« Reply #79 on: Feb 22, 2008, 05:16 »
I took it with PPL Montour.  Just found out a few hours ago that i passed!!!!  But, it's like sweet sorrow because i didn't pass the Instruments and Controls exam.  Oh well!  Can't win em all i guess.  I whacked the part with the circuits and such, but everything else was fine.  If i ever take it again, which at this point will hopefully be no, i will know what to expect.  So even when a test is failed, it is a learning experience!! 

Cheers!

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #80 on: Feb 22, 2008, 07:27 »
Great attitued to have.  Youll go far my friend with that attitude. ;)

thecainman

« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2008, 08:42 »
Well I took the EEI POSS/MASS test and didn't pass the plant operator section needed for TVA. Is there any way to find out exactly what part or parts of the test were not passed. I want to retake the test in the future, and want to be sure i'm ready. Thanks for any help.

codybuehler

MASS Test Help!
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2008, 09:13 »
Does anyone know any outside references that will help with the MASS test?  Will one of the ASVAB books help?  They have many practice tests and such, but i didn't know if there is a better one to try.   Any advice?

maddbomber83

« Reply #83 on: Oct 16, 2008, 12:36 »
Thank you for everyone that has helped in this thread.  I took the TECH exam at Millstone for a chemistry tech position and got this in an email:

Congratulations, your test result for the EEI Technician (TECH) test is "recommended".

To add my own feedback; the test is exactly like the practice test on the eei web page.  There are several links in this thread to it with the user names and passwords needed.  No calculator allowed, but you do get scratch paper.  I skipped the ones I didn't know, or the ones that my answer wasn't one of the choices.  I had enough time on all 4 tests to come back to those and to double check a few others that I put a mark next to as questionable.  The test took 2 hours total including breaks.  I want to say there were 3 15 minute sections and one 22 minute section.  I would echo the recommendations in this thread to practice speed algebra as the primary study tool.  As for the mechanical concepts section . . .  If you take the practice test and read through each concept listed, I think you would do fine.  I am an ELT in the Navy and I think the basic mechanic class in A school and the electrical and mechanical fundamentals in power school were sufficient to prepare me for that section.

Hope this helps reassure someone out there.  Now to wait another week or two to find out if I got the job.  Really looking forward to joining the Millstone team.

rlathe

EEI Exam
« Reply #84 on: Jan 08, 2009, 11:04 »
Before posting this question, I first tried to search on any info I could find here on EEI testing.  I found only one and the person was referred to the search tool.  I looked again and was unable to find additional info.

I'm currently attempting to transition from the I.T. field into the power and industry.
I'll be up front, I lack a BA, but have 20 years of tech. and I.T. experience.
One position, Engineering Technician A/B/C.  Passing EEI technical aptitude testing is required.

I've searched and searched and googled, but I have been unable to found out exactly what this entails and if it is a reasonable goal to reach and a relatively short period of time.
Can someone please tell me what types of questions are on the test and if it would be rigorous for someone with my back ground.

stownsend

Re: EEI Exam
« Reply #85 on: Jan 08, 2009, 11:11 »
This took me 3 nanoseconds and I'm computer handicapped.
http://www.progress-energy.com/aboutus/employment/eei/index.asp
That white box that is empty at the top of every page try typing EEI tests into it and hit the enter key.

rlathe

« Reply #86 on: Jan 08, 2009, 11:23 »
Thank you for the quick reply..The site is down unfortunately but I will keep looking.
If somone has taken the test, and doesn't mind, I was just wondering if this was their first test in the field with no experience, if they felt it was very difficult and classes will be required.

rlathe

« Reply #87 on: Jan 08, 2009, 11:56 »
Thanks again.  I have the info.  It looks like this is a very basic credential in the field of Energy and may only open a door to entry level positions.

jc

« Reply #88 on: Jan 08, 2009, 12:04 »
If somone has taken the test, and doesn't mind, I was just wondering if this was their first test in the field with no experience, if they felt it was very difficult and classes will be required.

I passed the test on the first try with no experience or training in the field. I spent very little time preparing and didn't find it too difficult.
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2009, 12:05 by jc »

morganscorpse

« Reply #89 on: Jan 25, 2009, 01:03 »
I just wanted to drop a line and thank everyone here for the information posted here concerning the POSS and MASS test.  I lurked around for a week, studied like hell and took the test on Tuesday.  Yesterday, I received the call that I had passed the tests and that I was to be scheduled for an interview next week.  Thanks again for everyones help.

Morgan

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #90 on: Jan 25, 2009, 02:07 »
I just wanted to drop a line and thank everyone here for the information posted here concerning the POSS and MASS test.  I lurked around for a week, studied like hell and took the test on Tuesday.  Yesterday, I received the call that I had passed the tests and that I was to be scheduled for an interview next week.  Thanks again for everyones help.

Morgan

Congrats!  ...and good luck on the interview!  :)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

M1Ark

Re: WOOOO!!! HHHOOOOO!!! POSS/MASS TEST FINALLY!!!!
« Reply #91 on: Jan 25, 2009, 05:01 »
If you can be assured that Security is one foot in the door ahead of someone off the street then I'd go ahead. 

LOL, heed his words.  It's more true than you might realize.

riffdive

« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2009, 11:02 »
I am wanting to study for the poss test but I keep finding the same practice test over and over. could someone please tell me what im doing wrong thanks.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2009, 12:34 »
I am wanting to study for the poss test but I keep finding the same practice test over and over. could someone please tell me what im doing wrong thanks.

Yeah,  EEI only has the one test on their site...it doesn't matter how you log-in - you'll still see the same test.

Go to your library and get the ASVAB study guides...the related sections are as close as you get to a real POSS study guide...

Good luck!  :)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

lhiggins34

Understanding the scores.
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2010, 07:30 »
Hello.

My name is Layne, i'm 19 years old with a associates degree in Powerplant Science and Technology.

I just received my MASS/POSS tests.

Your MASS score met or exceeded 100% of powerplants
Your POSS score met or exceeded 94% of powerplants

Didn't know if you guys got anything similar and what it meant for possibility of jobs?

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: Understanding the scores.
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2010, 07:00 »
I would say that means you should be getting a job offer with those scores!  Basically you got a 100 & a 94 on a scale of 100. 

Best of luck & Welcome to Nukeworker!

Tom
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline daveyj308846

• Light User
EEI TEST EXPIRATION?
« Reply #96 on: Jun 23, 2010, 06:20 »
I've been trying to get into the energy sector for about two years now (with no success)  and have passed both the TECH and MASS test. Does anyone know if after a certain amount of time the test results would no longer be valid and would retest? I passed the TECH in October 2008 and the MASS in June 2009. The company is Constellation energy.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

justing

« Reply #97 on: Oct 19, 2010, 03:26 »
I am scheduled to take the EEI at the end of the month. I took it about 7 years ago and passed everything but the "section" that allows me to work in nuclear. What exactly did I mess up on the test?

thanks

Fermi2

« Reply #98 on: Oct 19, 2010, 04:16 »
I am scheduled to take the EEI at the end of the month. I took it about 7 years ago and passed everything but the "section" that allows me to work in nuclear. What exactly did I mess up on the test?

thanks

Honestly how in the world do you expect ANYONE here to know the answer to this?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #99 on: Oct 19, 2010, 05:26 »

thanks

Most utilities just call it 'nuclear' if you get a higher passing grade.  So, I would expect that your overall score on the test was good enough to be 'non-nuclear', but too low to be 'nuclear'...not that you failed a particular section...

Study the ASVAB practice tests as frequently as you can, timing yourself as you take the tests.  That is the single best way to raise your overall test score the few points you need to be 'nuclear.'

And...GOOD LUCK!  :)
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2010, 05:27 by UncaBuffalo »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?