Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Hey Navy Type Dudes... honeypot

Author Topic: Hey Navy Type Dudes...  (Read 5278 times)

Fermi2

Hey Navy Type Dudes...
« on: Jan 19, 2006, 07:26 »
I was looking at the pay scales the other night because my wife and I were telling our younguns about where we used to live and the like. (I cannot believe how little I really made as an E 6, yet we were pretty darn happy!)

I noticed the website said all SAilors get something like $280/ month for BAQ, with officers getting somewhat less. It said it's because sailors pay for all their meals now. Is this true??

Mike
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2006, 12:50 by Broadzilla »

tinkerlow

Re: Hey Navy Type Dudes...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2006, 01:56 »
Did you mean BAS(Basic Allowance for Substance)? Yes everyone does get it but from my understanding if you're attached to a command with a galley the Navy takes back most of it, like $250.

taterhead

« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2006, 02:36 »
You don't get this allowance while aboard ship.

Shore based sailors can get the BAS, though-

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2006, 04:00 »
Oops yes I did.

So if you're stationed on board a vessel you don't get it.

If you have a galley you don't get it.

Doesn't seem like it's changed at all.

Another question, what insurance does the Navy currently provide for Dependents? When I was in it was CHAMPUS.

Mike

shayne

« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2006, 04:40 »
I think CHAMPUS was incorporated into the TriCare system.

http://www.tricare.osd.mil/

Fermi2

« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2006, 04:48 »
Thanks Shayne!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?