Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Amy Scarboro honeypot

Author Topic: Amy Scarboro  (Read 12174 times)

jedball

Amy Scarboro
« on: Dec 22, 2002, 12:21 »
Some of you know her and worked with her. Her smile is one that you could not forget and would melt the heart of anyone. A great tech that would help anyone.

My sister "Amy Scarboro " just died this afternoon. She leaves behind two children that could use your prayers and support. Services will be later this week. Please no flowers but anything else can be sent to her surviving family members:

Jim, Melissa and Matt Scarboro
Home Phone 704-663-1359

The Scarboro Family
230 Warren Dr.
Mt. Ulla, N.C. 28125

Sincerely,

Jed Ball

UPDATE:   Services will be Saturday Dec. 28 at 2 PM in at the Neill Funeral Home only (no grave side), located at 627 Gum St. Mooresville, N.C. 704-663-3939 just behind Redding Chirpractic Center.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2004, 01:51 by Rennhack »

Industry_event

Re: Amy Scarboro
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2002, 03:56 »
I am so very sorry. The world has become just a bit more bitter with her passing. I used to jr tech with her and     Jim back in early 90's. She was always a friend, sister and mom. She always would listen. We used to laugh about those birds Jim bought from Fog, or her son's moto-cross and the family cruises.  She spoke nice of everyone and a friend to all. I use to think how lucky Jim was. Man I can't even begin to know what your feeling. Jed you were lucky to have a sister like Amy and are best go out to you.  God Bless
Rome

ripstain

« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2002, 05:35 »
Rome. Jim Scarboro here and I remember you from the early 90's days in the jr ranks. We had some good times then even though the money was not that much. Amy loved every single minute she shared with you.  You could always make her laugh and I thank you for that Rome.  Thank you also for taking the time to remember her in your thoughts. It's been only one day now and it is if time has stopped for me or that I need to run back and pick up soemthing I dropped. Take care Rome and bless you for remembering her.

maxupdate

« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2002, 08:52 »
Jim, my deepest sympathy to you and the family.  You are both golden to me and Amy will be missed.

eldeelf

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2002, 05:07 »
I'm very saddened by the news of Amy's passing. I worked with her and Jim back in the 90's at Duke Power. She was a good mother and friend to all. I will always have fond memories of her and the stories she use to share about her family. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. Nita :'(

Melrose

« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2002, 08:42 »
Hello Jed, Jim....

Melrose on this end, really sorry for your loss...
words can't express, and I can't fathom the hurt you're going through.
I too remember the early 90s Duke days, sitting lower CTMT step-off pad with Amy, and you Jim showing me pics of your boy on his bike.
Amy was not only a good mom to her own kids, she kept all of us straight, making us call our mothers on holidays when we were away.
Thoughts are with all of you...

hambone

« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2002, 09:57 »
To jim and family,
I just worked with Amy last Outage at oconee.
She was still the same person that I Knew back in the 90's. She was a wonderful person, I will miss her dearly.
Alan(Hambone)Campbell

heavensrose22

« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2002, 09:10 »
As all of us know, Amy was a person that comes along once in a lifetime. She was smart, kind, beautiful, and had the heart of a saint. She was my aunt and only days before this happened, I was telling a co-worker how much I wanted to work with her and learn from her because she was very dedicated to her job. Sadly I won't get to do that now.

Our jobs carry such long hours and days that often we don't get to tell our loved ones how much they are loved. Somehow she always made that time. I didn't. I never got to tell her how much I love her. That is something I have to deal with and something I have learned from.

So Amy, I LOVE YOU!!

For my family- Daddy, Melissa, Matt, Jimmy, Mendee, Randy, Greg, Brandon, Chasitie, Paw, and to my family not familiar with this site- I love you all and I will never take another day I have with you for granted again.

I would just like to say to everyone that has given words of comfort and their prayers to my family- Thank You.
Jim, Melissa, and Matt need all the support we can give them.

Thank You Again and God Bless,
Laura Ball

Offline Meltdown

• Moderate User
  • Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?             $upporting Member
« Reply #8 on: Dec 25, 2002, 09:23 »
I remember working with Amy & Jim at Farley, and later at the Duke plants.  I really don't think I could find two better people in the world. I just saw Amy at Oconee, spreading her own particular brand of sweetness and good humor. The world will have to work a little harder to keep it's chin up from now on.

Thank you Amy, for all you said and did.

Meltdown
Meltdown

"I know that there is an eye that watches all of us. There is a judgment that weighs everything we do. And before this great force, which is greater than any government, I stand in awe and I kneel in respect." L. Cohen

scolley

« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2003, 07:51 »
Jim and family;

I just found my way to this site and just found out that Amy is gone.  It is hard to believe.  I hate that I hadn't been in touch.  Amy was a special and beautiful person.  We had lots of conversations about each others lives and Amy was always focused on her family.  She loved her children very much.  Jim , you were also her heart.  Amy was a good freind.  Her & I didn't see each other too much out side of work, but she was supportive to me during a transitional time of my life and I will always prize her friendship that saw me through.  I have been away from the Nuclear scene for awhile, but will be returning next week at Catawba.  It will not be the same. I will miss Amy very, very much.  
Jim, take care of yourself & call me if you need anything.  
Get in touch with Bill Mcleod for my number.  I will be in training for the first two weeks.  Gotta requal on everything since its been awhile since I was there last.

Take Care & God bless.  
Sheryl Colley

Offline lilnukee

• Light User
  • Life's a beach, and then you dive!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2003, 10:36 »
Amy was a sweet lady that will be missed. She always brought pleasantness to those working with her. I enjoyed knowing her. My sincere condolences to her family, I can't even imagine your pain at this time. May God be with you.

Dina Gates

Ladyradhp39

« Reply #11 on: Jan 27, 2004, 01:01 »
Jed: I am so sorry for your loss. I haven't worked with you in a while. I'm the "Goat" from IP3. I don't look at this pages very often because I see too many of us are going home.
I know it is late saying I'm sorry, but anytime I hear about another one of us. It saddens me. You know where my head is on this issue.
The Goat of IP3

kpmills

« Reply #12 on: Sep 13, 2004, 04:29 »
I just started looking at this site... I was so shocked to here about Amy.. I worked with her at North Anna in 95. So Sweet!!! What happened? I will continue to pray for the family....

exocom

« Reply #13 on: Oct 17, 2004, 03:12 »
   Jim, I'm very sorry to here of your loss. Amy always brightened up everybodys' work day, not an easy thing to do working with sarcastic generally depressing HPs. A true light has gone out of our business. :(

Sincerely,
                                                                               Larry Brantley

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?