Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Phil Baker

Author Topic: Phil Baker  (Read 4426 times)

deputyRct

Phil Baker
« on: Jul 29, 2003, 10:25 »
also lost but not forgotton, Phil Baker. He was a Ga. Boy.Dam good friend and a good rad tech. He was orking at Fernald, cancer i believe. In 98 or 99. He like all the rest gone but they will never be forgotton. I been rad techin 24 years, and as i have seen here alot of brother and sisters have fallen. May  God bless their Families and friends.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2004, 01:16 by Rennhack »

Offline Meltdown

• Moderate User
  • Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?             $upporting Member
Re: PHIL   BAKER/     FERNALD, HE IS MISSED
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2003, 08:20 »
I worked with Phil at Rancho Seco back in '86. It was my first nuke job - he and Wanda were good people who made you feel welcomed. He'll be missed.

Meltdown
Meltdown

"I know that there is an eye that watches all of us. There is a judgment that weighs everything we do. And before this great force, which is greater than any government, I stand in awe and I kneel in respect." L. Cohen

HAIRDUDE

Re: PHIL   BAKER/     FERNALD, HE IS MISSED
« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2003, 08:48 »
I was working with Phil at Fernald when he passed. One day he just wasn't at work and then later that day we got the news. He was in a lot of pain and he told me he decided he wasn't doing any more kemo or operations. It was his choice and the right one I believe. He worked the control point shack on the way in to the I.T. Project there and even that was taxing on him toward the end...... But he never would let on how tired he really was. He was not only a hell of a rad tech. He was a hell of a guy, somebody's dad, somebody's husband, and a lot of people's friend. He loved art, his family and he must have loved his work. He stuck it out til the end......which makes him braver than me. I would have ridden my scooter off into the Grand Canyon long before I had to go through what he went through.
Peace Bro. Wherever ya are now, I hope yer givin' 'em hell like ya did down here.
Floyd

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Re: Phil Baker
« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2004, 03:01 »
What a red-headed step child was supposed to be! Will be missed by many.
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2013, 04:14 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?