Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Jake Sasser

Author Topic: Jake Sasser  (Read 7231 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Jake Sasser
« on: Jul 22, 2001, 03:22 »
-----Original Message-----
To: MemorialAddition@cyberfind.com
Date: Saturday, January 23, 1999 3:58 PM
Subject: RE: Additional
Jake Sasser SR RP tech from Tavares, FL. Worked a lot of jobs at St. Lucie. Sometime in 1985. Great tech who is missed by many.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2004, 01:52 by Rennhack »

ex-turbine_cowboy

Re: Jake Sasser
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2002, 08:12 »
The years do fly by.  Worked with Jack in the early 80's.  Great Guy - The memories are good.

pati

« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2002, 12:35 »
:-[
My first visit to this site brought me this sad information.  My heartfelt sympathy to the Sasser Family.  Jake was a wonderful man.  I worked with the family in the early 80's and they all treated me like one of their own.  A tribute to Jake and Alice's kindness and teachings.  I prey the rest of the family is well.

alphadude

« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2002, 07:15 »
:-/  Jake worked for me several times, and since I was the last person on earth he talked to I pay my respects to Jake the Snake.  
Charlie D.

DABIGUNC

« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2003, 09:44 »
Met Jake in "85 at St. Lucie, one guy you could never forget. Never will forget playing Boo-Ray, lots of $$$ on the line, Jake looked at his cards, threw 'em down and said I'll take 5........pissed everybody off, he won the pot. I saw him pay other techs to pull his shift in the can so he could keep playing cards, he was the man. Jake was a good guy to be around, good memories from just a short time working with him; what this business is all about, the good people we meet along the way that we never forget. RIP.

Ladyradhp39

« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2003, 08:59 »
I am from the same area Jake was from. I met him at St. Lucie on probably my first job out of CFCC. He was great to work with and made the job look a lot easier than it was.

A  short story concerning Jake.
He did not believe in my palm reading when his girl friend brought him to the morning watering hole. But after I read him, he said there had to something to it because I told him things no one knew. I did not see this in his future, but it was that year Jake went to where all HPs will end up.
It was a time when we worked hard and played the same.

Outages were a lot more interesting that they are now. I didn't want to be found sitting at a control point so I got out and thought I really was done with this crazy work, but I want back in

viking

« Reply #6 on: Jun 21, 2004, 06:39 »
worked with jake in the early IRM days at several outages..great friend.....big heart.. miss em

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #7 on: Jun 22, 2004, 02:58 »
He will be sorely missed!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Ladyradhp39

« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2004, 11:26 »
DABIGUNC
Sounds like you were at a southern plant somewhere south of GA. I remember the card games back when times were great in the plants. I didn't see any problems withus woring like we did. THere are more problems now than we ever had back in to good olsd days. Jake was a great persom and lived in the same county as I do. We have lost too many of the great techs.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?