Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu David Gill  

Author Topic: David Gill  (Read 8696 times)

hgtarget

David Gill
« on: Feb 10, 2006, 02:52 »
 :(William David Gill, 49, of Knoxville, Tennessee, formerly of Orange, died Tuesday, February 7, 2006, at his sister's residence in Charlottesville. Born March 21, 1956, in Charlottesville, he was a son of the late William Patterson (Billy) Gill and Phyllis Bunch Gill. David was a Rad Control Tech at True Alpha Project for Barlett Nuclear, Inc. in Oakridge, Tennessee, a member of Trinity United Methodist Church in Orange, Health Physics Society in McLean and a life member of Orange Volunteer Fire Department. Survivors include his sister, Lena Lyn Gill and a nephew, William Riley Gill Lawson, both of Charlottesville; aunts and uncles, Helen B. Faulconer and husband, Walter, of Charlottesville, Charlie Gill and wife, Mary Tiz of True Blue, Orange County, George Bunch and wife, Phyllis and Orpha Bunch, all of Madison, West Virginia. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, February 9, at Trinity United Methodist Church, conducted by the Rev. Forest Porter. The family will receive friends following the service in the fellowship hall. Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of the Piedmont, 2200 Old Ivy Road, Suite 200, Charlottesville, Virginia 22903, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, 404 BNA Drive, Suite 102, Nashville, Tennessee 37217-2571 or the Orange Volunteer Fire Department, P. O. Box 367, Orange, Virginia 22960. Preddy Funeral Home, Orange, is in charge of arrangements.

I'll miss hearing him say "How 'bout those Hokies".
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2006, 03:10 by hgtarget »

duke99301

Re: David Gill
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2006, 03:02 »
I had the plesure of meeting Dave years ago whne the company he was with hired me for a clean up job. Very good person and I had been to a lot of the same places as he had been.  all my best .
Duke

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2006, 12:56 »
Willie D, when he was at MKF at Oak Ridge.  He helped me out when I was just learning.

Offline gravy58

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2006, 11:42 »
Dave,

I know it's too late for you to get this, but it's the only way I have to say good bye. A friend of mine said today that he got a letter from your sister and that you pasted away last month sometime. Iv'e been afraid of that, sence you havn't writen in a couple of months or responsed to any of my e-mails. When your sister gets this (I'm sorry I don't remember her name) I hope that she writes me back with some details of, If you made it back home or not and if there is anything that I can do info wise for her. I know how much you loved your family and wanted to be with them in the end.
I will miss you alot, you are one of the good guys, the Andy Taylor of the Nuc Business.
I will make sure that your in the Nuc-worker pages of "Our Fellow Fallen Soldiers". You have touched more people over the years than you would ever know and there are alot of heavy hearts today.
Now is a better time for you, so sit back and listen to some Jethro Tall and do some fishing for me.
I'll remember, miss and love ya for every and shit!!

Good-Bye and May God Bless ya.

Your friend
John M. Garverick and family.
202 Fairway Ridge # F
Aiken, SC. 29803
803-295-7885

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2006, 01:28 »
R.I.P. Dave.  :(

JIMBOMAFF

« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:07 »
Is this the same Dave Gill that worked at Battelle Columbus???  I worked with Dave and he was a great guy.  I'm over here in Afghanistan and heard the news via Nukeworker.  I am truly saddened.  Catch you later Dave.

Jimmy

Online Laning

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2006, 01:11 »
Maff,

I don't think its the same Dave Gill. The guy we worked with was originally from Colorado as I remember.

I hope you're doing well over there. Keep your head down!!

Eric

A.K.A Uncle Eddy
If you're gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough

JIMBOMAFF

« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2006, 03:25 »
Thanks unk, but It's still a bummer to kick that young. 

Jimmy

bear

« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2006, 08:53 »
Is this the Dave Gill that worked at weldon springs at wssrap?

redmondrr

« Reply #9 on: Apr 23, 2006, 11:37 »
My buddy Dave worked at North Anna (he grew up in Orange Va.), Seabrook, SRS, Weldon Springs, and Oak Ridge.  Dave loved to fish and we went on several trips to Canada.  Last year (2005) we went to the Finger Lakes in NY and had a great time catching smallmouth. Life will not be the same without Dave.

Randy Redmond

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?