Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Advice  

Author Topic: Advice  (Read 5606 times)

Swedeboy63

Advice
« on: Feb 13, 2006, 08:36 »
Well here goes. Im a Junior Tech with Shaw E & I doing some low level rad. I've had this position for 13 months now and am wondering about going on the road. I have my USACE basic radiation safety cert along with my CORE card. Does anyone know how I would go about getting an 18.1 rating? Does my current time count for anything in regards to an ANSI rating? Am I hireable to anyone like Bartlett with my current skill level? From what I gather the ANSI ratings are only for plant workers am I reading this the right way? Im looking to eventually become a 3.1 then a NRRPT down the road, how can I make this happen....

To many questions, to little time.  ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2006, 08:39 by Swedeboy63 »

Swedeboy63

Re: Advice
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2006, 10:27 »
Thanks for the idea. ;)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2006, 11:51 »
ANSI 18.1 and 3.1 are references to a Sr Tech at a power plant.  If you want that, you will need the andatory power plant exerience, which means starting as a junior.

You can work at other DOE, EPA and NRC sites with your experience and certifications for Bartlettlett or any other Tech company.

There is an article on this site that details what time you can count toward power plant experience:
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,4395.0.html

Swedeboy63

« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2006, 03:28 »
Thanks for the help!!!
  :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?