Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Vern Taylor honeypot

Author Topic: Vern Taylor  (Read 7457 times)

rawtech

Vern Taylor
« on: Feb 19, 2006, 08:07 »
I just heard that Vern Taylor passed away last night. Anyone with more info, please post, and as I find out more I will as well. He was a great guy! Great Tech/Supervisor! And will be terribly missed!

Offline nothinbuttrouble

• SR HP TECH
  • Light User
  • I love being a professional babysitter!!!
Re: Vern Taylor
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2006, 08:27 »
this is true vern passed away today.  he was working here at beaver valley for the sgrp.  they took him to  the hospital because of blood pressure i believe and they admitted him.  vern will be missed by everyone he was great person and a good guy to work with.  tomorrow we will know more about the detail and ill post them.   rest in peace vern 
we will be having wings and beer in your honor on wednesday.  so keep your schedule open my friend...mtj

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2006, 08:36 »
i have received the emails on vern's passing this weekend.  the last that i saw was that he had died saturday night in his sleep from complications of his heart attack on friday.  vern, you will be missed by many.  a good man, a wonderful family man, a great worker, a shoo-n for the hp tech hall of fame.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2006, 12:27 »
Arthur Verne Taylor
Rural Valley

Arthur Verne Taylor, 61, died Saturday Feb. 18, 2006 at the Beaver Medical Center.

He was born Aug. 18, 1944, in Hawthorn, to Arthur Paine and Gladys Sarah (Woodall) Taylor.

Mr. Taylor was employed as a health physics technician working for nuclear power plants.

He was a member of Dayton Sportsman’s Club and the Sky King Model Airplane Club.

He enjoyed hunting, target shooting and reloading.

Survivors include his wife Janice (Glaspy) Taylor whom he married June 28, 1969; three sons Michael V. Taylor of Kittanning, William J. Taylor of Rural Valley and Dennis A. Taylor of Kittanning; and one grandson, Rusty A. Taylor.

He was preceded in death by his parents.

Friends will be received from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at the Bauer Funeral Home and Cremation Services, 515 N. McKean St., Kittanning where funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday with his brother-in-law, the Rev. Harry R. Glaspy, officiating. To sign the online memory book visit www.bauerfuneralhome.com.

A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

highradsnake

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2006, 02:36 »
I learned alot from 'ol Vern back in the late 80's and early 90's, when I was a new Junior. He was a "tell ya like it is" tech from the old school (numec and B+W in Apollo,PA) My condolences to Jan and his family. I will always remember the "Ninja" with great respect. He will be missed by many!! As Vern used to say, " It's my way or the highway, Pal!! Har,har!!" :'(

slattmandu

« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2006, 05:38 »
Sorry to hear about Vern's passing I also worked for him as a green junior on generators. He taught me alot and kept me out of trouble back then. I remember 1 of his favorite sayings when he was the coordinator "Get in the can D***head". Followed by that hard to forget laugh of his. We will all miss you Vern!             Slatts

highradsnake

« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2006, 10:00 »
I called my father last night to ask about Vern's funeral. He said that the Health Physics "hall of famers" were there. J.Orr, P.Shonkweiler, R.Cerrato, and T.Shaffer. This is just a small listing. The "old school techs" all agreed that It was a sad day indeed. Reunions are good but not like this. I asked my dad if he would give my best to Vern's family since I could not attend. I will always remember the very first lesson Vern taught me, I was at Kewaunee and had my first taste of being inside the can as a deconner. Vern asked me to pull trash, as I was about to rip the duct tape with my teeth (inside a CA) Vern snatches the tape from me and said, " NO, fingers only!! I'm gonna break you of that habit here and now!! Thank you Vern, to this day (17 years later) I have NEVER ripped ANY tape with my teeth. To Vern, Salut! my friend, Salut!  ;) :'( 8) ;D

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2006, 09:32 »
we will be having wings and beer in your honor on wednesday.  so keep your schedule open my friend...mtj

thanx fer posteen dis.  it wuz a good thyme to be wit good peepall.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

duke99301

« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2006, 12:12 »
Vern was a great man never a bad word from him he was a good friend, it was funny back in the old days at the beaver trap his fav. word to his guys were get in there D--k head, with a grin.
bless you Vern.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?