Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Marshall Radebach honeypot

Author Topic: Marshall Radebach  (Read 8377 times)

Overclocked_Toaster

Marshall Radebach
« on: Feb 22, 2006, 06:55 »
Marshall S. Radebach, 55, of Kiski Township, died Saturday, Jan. 21, 2006, in Alle-Kiski Medical Center, Natrona Heights, Harrison.

Born Sept. 14, 1950, in Natrona Heights, the son of Mary (Bella) Radebach of Kiski Township, and the late Harold Radebach, who died July 31, 1993. He lived in Kiski Township all of his life.

A 1968 graduate of Apollo High School, he served in the U.S. Army Reserve for six years.

He worked at U.S. Steel in Vandergrift for 15 years and by Babcock & Wilcox in Apollo and Parks Township for 15 years, and most recently was a technician at Enercon in New Stanton.

He was a member of Spring Church Sportsman's Club and Roaring Run Watershed. An avid bowler, he also enjoyed playing bumper pool, hunting, fishing and camping. He was a baseball coach, an avid softball player and umpire in the Kiski Township area.

In addition to his mother, he is survived by his wife of 34 years, Laura L. (Flickinger) Radebach; two daughters, Stephanie L. Radebach and Shelley A. Radebach, both of Apollo; a son, Eric M. Radebach of Kiski Township; three grandchildren; a sister, Lonnie L. (Dr. Herbert Moyer) Peppler-Moyer of Temperance, Mich.; and a brother, Jerome (Julianna) Radebach of Oviedo, Fla.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Marshall Radebach
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2006, 09:29 »
marshall will be missed by many, myself included.  he was a good tech and a great person and way too young for this.  i hate finding out about friends this way. 
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Overclocked_Toaster

Re: Marshall Radebach
« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2006, 10:03 »
By Stephanie Ritenbaugh
VALLEY NEWS DISPATCH
Sunday, July 16, 2006

KISKI TOWNSHIP - After cancer claimed a member of the Radebach family, they found a way to help others hit by the same disease.
The family organized the first benefit in Marshall S. Radebach's name to raise money for a 4-year-old Leechburg boy who was diagnosed with leukemia.

It's an event they hope to continue to help a different person every year.
Four-year-old Owen Hunter of Leechburg is currently in remission.
About a year and a half ago, he was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, which affected his central nervous system, according to his mother, Christine Hunter.
At one point, he was given a 30 percent chance of survival.
"The leukemia was very aggressive," Hunter said.
He went into remission, but relapsed again. Hunter said a bone marrow transplant in December was the turn-around point for him.
"A woman donated her umbilical cord blood," Hunter said. "They call it 'new blood' because it's has not been exposed to anything."
"Right now he's 100 percent cured, but it was a very long, bumpy road to get here," she said.
But Owen's immune system is weak, Hunter said.
"He basically has no immune system," Hunter said. "It depends on how his body reacts to the donor's cells. He has to wear a face mask in the grocery story and when we go to the doctor's."
But, Hunter said he acts like a normal 4-year-old.
"He doesn't know other 2-year-olds don't do this," Hunter said.
"He's my Owen," Hunter said. "He punches his brother."
Over 400 people showed up at the first benefit in Marshall Radebach's name on Saturday at the Apollo Elks Lodge in Kiski Township. The event included a golf outing, picnic at the pool, auctions and music by Pat and Dave from Apollo.
The 55-year-old Apollo native died in January of lung cancer. He was a nonsmoker, said his daughter Stephanie Radebach, who helped organize the event.
James "Pork" Gregg knew Marshall Radebach all his life. "We grew up together," Gregg said. "He married my niece, but we ran together."
"He was one of the best guys around here," Gregg said. "You won't hear anyone say anything bad about him."
For Gregg, the benefit is a good way to honor Marshall Radebach.
"He was a good guy and this is a good wayto honor him," Gregg said. "This helps the local and it goes right to them. Every year they want to find someone else."
Those who knew Marshall Radebach weren't surprised that so many people came to Saturday's event.
"Marshall knew so many people and touched so many lives," said Kim Stankus of Apollo. "This is just the way people are around here."
"Marshall was one of the best guys in the Kiski Valley," said Tom McDermott of Apollo. "He always put himself last."
A recent blood drive at the Kiski Area School District to benefit Owen Hunter drew attention to him. According to Christine Hunter, Stephanie Radebach heard about it and wanted to do the benefit for him. Hunter was struck that someone she didn't know wanted to help her family.
"I'm floored," Hunter said. "I don't even know this woman, but a lot of people we know are here. But they just went through this and they understand what it's like with a father, let alone a child."

Sign Guestbook http://home.kiski.net/~rcerrato/MarsPage.html

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?