Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Sub Junior Officer round 2.. honeypot

Author Topic: Sub Junior Officer round 2..  (Read 5664 times)

bigjer25

Sub Junior Officer round 2..
« on: Mar 04, 2006, 01:17 »
I am really seeking out some career advice from other sub officers.  I am junior in my career, and really do not know where I should try to go for my sea tours.  I was on a Boomer as en elisted E-diver, and that was boring as $%#.  I would like to try to fast attack, but their deploymeny schedule sounds hellish.  I have tried contacting the detailer, but I think he keeps feeding me a bunch of bull, and wants me to go to pearl....
I need so clear thoughts from some of you that have been there.
Thanks

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
Re: Sub Junior Officer round 2..
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2006, 02:08 »
I've been on both as an Officer and did enlisted time as well.  Where are you in the pipeline? If you're in Ballston Spa, send me a PM and we can get together; send me a PM anyways and we can discuss specifics of each.  I did boomer JO and fast DH and personally prefer the fast attack life. 

capper

« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2006, 03:20 »
Whats wrong with Pearl?  I would take it.  I was stationed at pearl for 4 years loved it, got out went to work at a nuke plant in the midwest.  Missed Hawaii so much I moved back.  Miss nuclear power but love living in hawaii...  Plus I think that fast boats are more rewarding than boomers unless your married.  If your going to go to sea you might as well see something in this world.
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2006, 03:50 by capper »

ranger2

« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2006, 06:59 »
I was fast attack JO and DH, and have been stationed at Pearl (JO tour). Loved fast attacks and loved Pearl. Personally, never was interested in boomers. Quality of life is reportedly better on boomers (spoken off-crew), but conning a fast attack while doing what fast-attacks do is very rewarding.

Just separated and am working at a nuke plant in the midwest. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

War Eagle...I wonder if I know you from my past life. I knew quite a few AU types. Give me a hint.

visserjr

« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2006, 09:36 »
Ain't no slack in a fast attack, damn sure no pride in a trident ride.

That being said, I think it depends on your personallity. If you would rather poke holes making figure eights, day in day out go ahead. If you are the kind of guy who wants to put warheads on forheads, and have a job that can be moments of boredom interupted by a few moments of absolute intensity, then go FAST AND BLACK.

John

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2006, 04:57 »
I was fast attack JO and DH, and have been stationed at Pearl (JO tour). Loved fast attacks and loved Pearl. Personally, never was interested in boomers. Quality of life is reportedly better on boomers (spoken off-crew), but conning a fast attack while doing what fast-attacks do is very rewarding.

Just separated and am working at a nuke plant in the midwest. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

War Eagle...I wonder if I know you from my past life. I knew quite a few AU types. Give me a hint.

Lemme see....
Year group 95
SSBN 735G JO
PG School Monterey
SSN 23 ENG
NPTU NY currently
ring a bell?

I'd love to pick your brain about the transition to commercial nuke. Considering the same.
oh...here's another hint,
Joe

visserjr

« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2006, 09:16 »
Go VOLS!! Rocky top you'll always be home sweet home to me. Good 'ole rocky top. Rocky top Tennessee.

Sorry had to do.
Lady Vols won SEC, and the men are going to the SEC Championship.

taterhead

« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2006, 12:13 »

Flooznie

« Reply #8 on: Jun 06, 2006, 06:43 »
Well,

I got send to the Florida, which is a boomer that they converted to somewhat of a bastardized fast boat.  Believe it or not, people are beating down the doors to try to get orders to this command.  Nows a good time to transfer since all the crappy work has been done.  All I can say is that I will never do an initial criticality as a member of Reactor Controls division or the RCLPO again, ever.

Paul

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?