Career Path > Security, FFD

FFD violation (slipped a "mickey" or something close)

<< < (3/5) > >>

highradsnake:
I am surprised at some peoples "callous" response to the topic at hand.(i.e. Broadzilla) I just want you to remember... Never say never, and when you least expect it... expect it! I know a technician whom worked for a utility whom WAS set-up by a girlfriend's teen daughter as a "get even" for whatever reason. This person won the "lotto" after the weekend, and you know the rest. He was house, so he got a second chance through EAP at the plant. Now, if he was a contractor with the same exact story, he or she would be left out in the cold with no recourse! So, don't give me that hardline attitude of you get what you deserve, it makes you seem very cold and heartless. In the R.P. business of nuke power, you MUST consider ALL scenarios, not just the ones that are most obvious. ;) I am pleased by most of the posts on this subject :) I still have faith that some of us out there use our heads for more than a hatrack!! ;D

illegalsmile:
I once went to a cookout where the host, who didn't realize that I was just home for the weekend and not done for the summer, concocted a 'special' bar-b-que sauce for the burgers. I won the lottery 4 days later and spent my 2 hr grace period ingesting frightful amounts of water and fruit juice. I clarity of my sample aroused suspicion, but nothing was ever said and I seem to have passed the test. I now make sure everyone I know is aware of my status employment-wise.
I do know a worker who got 3 days off because security found some empties in the back of his pick-up. He protested that they weren't his and must have been thrown in there after he parked in the parking lot, but to no avail. I don't know how you could protect yourself against that.
As for somebody slipping you a Mickey in a bar, if you think it can't be done, you are dangerously dilusional.

Already Gone:
I have personally not heard of this causing a loss of access.  However, if you are the victim of a crime you must report it to the police.  If you have a suspicion that you have been given an illicit drug without your consent, you may be the victim of a crime.  This isn't a joke.  You should also seek medical attention, as many drugs have latent effects that can harm you when you think you're fine.  Make sure the doctor does blood/urine tests for drugs that are covered by FFD as well as the suspect drugs (like "date-rape").
As far as the random or pre-employment drug screening goes --don't wait until then.  You need to take the police report and the results of your medical exam to the Medical Review Officer immediately.  This may not take you completely off the hook.  You may be required to do follow-up tests to verify no further drug use.  You may even lose access temporarily, but it won't be as bad as it would if you waited until after failing a screening to speak up.  At that point the MRO is likely to see it as a contrived excuse.  It will sound a little like the old, " I went to a concert and got a lot of second-hand marijuana smoke" line.

SloGlo:

--- Quote from: Broadzilla on Mar 18, 2006, 10:57 ---I keep my drink with me at all time. When I smoked I never bummed a cig in a bar. I always lit my own.

Simple precautions, and a mickey is impossible.

--- End quote ---

yer lucky no won ever decided to give ya a little "freebie".  iffen they wanna, ya got it.  'n remember, bragging makes fer a challenge.  'n also remember, just because yer not paranoid, doesn't mean that they aren't after you.
piece.

highradsnake:
Hey everyone! I am very thankful for the stories related to this topic. I give out kudos to all who have commented constructively. I was talking with an associate about the FFD policies and how there is a "double standard". If you are a utility employee, you get a second chance through the EAP. If you are a "roadie", you get the axe. I, and several others agree that this is very unfair. The rules should be the same for ANY nuke employee. Just because we don't have a permanent "home", does that make us any less vulnerable to "bad things" or less valuable as a worker? ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version