Career Path > Security, FFD

FFD violation (slipped a "mickey" or something close)

<< < (2/5) > >>

JessJen:

--- Quote from: Broadzilla on Mar 18, 2006, 05:05 ---If someone is careless enough to be slipped a mickey they deserve what they get.

--- End quote ---

That is a very inconsiderate statement....it happens...especially to women typically with the intentions of taking advantage of them....even when youre on top of things stuff still happens, even with people you may trust.  I havent heard of anyone losing clearances over it, typically those who lose thier clearances know why they lost them but in real world situations many things can happen that can be much worse.

HydroDave63:

--- Quote from: JessJen on Mar 19, 2006, 01:34 ---That is a very inconsiderate statement....it happens...especially to women typically with the intentions of taking advantage of them....even when youre on top of things stuff still happens, even with people you may trust.  I havent heard of anyone losing clearances over it, typically those who lose thier clearances know why they lost them but in real world situations many things can happen that can be much worse.

--- End quote ---

And knowing for that reason that the world is a dangerous place, one should probably avoid those situations.

Think of it as a Darwin check...

hamsamich:
No, I've not seen anyone booted for being slipped a mickey.  The problem with that is: if someone says they've been slipped a mickey, no one would believe them anyway, so how will any of us ever know? ???

Austria:

--- Quote from: Broadzilla on Mar 18, 2006, 10:57 ---I keep my drink with me at all time.

--- End quote ---

And supposing the bartender slipped you a mickey much like that waiter? Or do you pour your own drinks at the bar as well?

Anyways.....So far, I personally have never known anyone to have fallen victim to that nor have I heard any stories about that happeningto anyone in the nuclear business. (my attempt at staying on topic).

I was at outage once where a guy was busted at the gate for having a beer (possibly more than one) in his Igloo Cooler. Seems that while packing up at the hotel earlier he put them in the cooler (layoff night) and later simply forgt they were in there. It was a simple and honest mistake and after filing the necessary paperwork for having found it, the mandatory FFD test....a few interviews with supervisors, co-workers and the site coordinator he was released back to his control point with no adverse consequences. There actually is fairness and justice in these situations. at least sometimes.

LaFeet:

--- Quote from: Austria on Mar 19, 2006, 03:12 --- It was a simple and honest mistake and after filing the necessary paperwork for having found it, the mandatory FFD test....a few interviews with supervisors, co-workers and the site coordinator he was released back to his control point with no adverse consequences. There actually is fairness and justice in these situations. at least sometimes.

--- End quote ---

I believe in the system, hopefully, I myself and those I know will nevver get "mickeyed"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version