Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Pregnancy in the Military

Author Topic: Pregnancy in the Military  (Read 5602 times)

namesdontmatter

Pregnancy in the Military
« on: Mar 19, 2006, 03:53 »
I tried doing a search for this topic, because I was certain it must have been covered at some point, but alas - I could not find it. So, perhaps someone here can point me to the thread, or answer my question on this one?

Let's say a sailor is at "A" School, Nuclear Power School, or Nuclear Prototype school. His wife is pregnant and wants to give birth near her family in Southern California before moving to be with her husband in South Carolina. What are the chances of the sailor in question getting leave to be with her during the birth when her due-date gets near?

Thanks in advance for answering my question.

--Would a rose, by any other...?

Rad Sponge

Re: Pregnancy in the Military
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2006, 11:40 »
He'd have to ask his superiors on this one.

I'd speculate that if he was to miss an exam or something because of it, forget it.

If he was a stellar student, then he'd probably have more options.

I would think a 3-4 day pass over a weekend would be possilbe.

If it was between schools, no problems.

tinkerlow

« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2006, 01:06 »
If you are in A-school or power school then you won't be able to take leave. You will probably get off the day of and maybe the day after your wife gives birth as long as you don't have a test on that day. Prototype is another story. Depending on how far ahead you are, what watches you need, etc, you may get more time off. That being said if your wife and/or your baby have complications you may be put on hold no matter where you are in the pipeline. Being on hold usually means shorter workdays and more time for leave/liberty. I have a child whom i gave birth to in the pipeline, if you have any further questions feel free to e-mail me.

~MM3

JsonD13

« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2006, 08:45 »
I had a buddy whos wife gave birth while he was a student at prototype.  She was with him in south carolina, but he only got like 4-5 days off.  I'm not quite sure how they would take the being across the country thing, but I would think that it would be better to move in with him there if you can.

illegalsmile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2006, 09:46 »
maybe she needs to rethink her deffinition of family. I would think that her husband should be her closest family.

taterhead

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2006, 11:55 »
I don't recall this being a thread about how this mystery sailor and his wife run their household...just whether or not he might be able to score some leave.   :-X

JMK got it right.  Start at the Class Leader and run it up from there. ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2006, 11:56 by taterhead »

visserjr

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 09:19 »
This Question is almost like asking what if I ......Dude we are just a bunch of people with experiences in life, and the navy, who have ZERO ability to sign your leave chit. Best bet Talk to your chain of Command. This is why they are there. Hypotheticals like this are best answered by those who can impact the situation.

Handgimp

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 12:41 »
There was a guy on my crew in prototype whose wife gave birth while he was a student, and he got to take a week of baby leave. However, he was about 30% ahead of the curve at the time, and such a good guy that he got picked up spu and then STA-21.

Fermi2

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 12:47 »
Or they might just put him in the next class. It's been done.

Mike

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?